Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installing front shocks and springs....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default installing front shocks and springs....

on the drivers side, do i remove the master cylinder to get to the 2nd t50 bolt?? i loosened both nuts that hold it and tried moving it around for more clearance but damn wrench doesnt fit...

also im planning on having a shop do all the compressing, to both get the old shocks/springs off and to put the new ones on..ill will just slap them back on, my Q is...will it be ok to take both driver/passenger shock/spring assembly off at the same time...well the write up that im following mentions to do one side at a time. dont know if they just dont want to confuse us...or if theres really somthing behind doing one first than the other...

thanks 4 any help
Old 04-06-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you do have to remove the master cylinder.You can remove both front springs/shocks at the same time
Old 04-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts

No. Just remove the nuts that hold it to the power booster, pull it off, and move it out of the way. You can do it with harming the brake lines. Just exercise reasonable care.

Good call having a shop with a mounted compressor do the install. There's no problem pulling both at the same time. You could mark them for peace of mind if you want.