Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick ? regarding after market Tq arm.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Quick ? regarding after market Tq arm.

I am currently running a complete supension from LGMon my Z28. the only thing i am lacking is a Tq arm.
I am looking @ the non-adj. LGM tq arm for my stalled A4.

Question is, this is my daily driver. will there be more noise? any "REAL" benefits from an aftermarket tq arm?

Is it worth the $$$?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are running the car at the track i would suggest a trq arm that is body mounted or one that gets the arm off the tranny. Also get one with a driveshaft loop because they are Nhra required for cars running sticky tires and faster than 13.99s i think. Noise will depend on the ends of the trq arm. Polyends are going to be quieter than rod ends, i have read that rod ends won't bind up. Get an adjustable arm too, that way you can set your pinion angle for better traction and if you decide to lower it, you can correct the angle as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The factory torque arm is a stamped steel item that will flex under hard loads. The flex can then lead to wheel hop or brake hop, the factory torque arm has also failed causing damage.

We offer a competitively priced non-adjustable torque arm for $219.99 that can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2206

We also offer adjustable versions that will allow you to make pinion angle adjustments.

If you have any questions I can help with please ask.

Thank you!
Ryan