Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Motive power bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motive power bleeder

I had to change out the brake fluid in my 02 Z28 this weekend in preparation for running at Road America next week. I had never changed the brake fluid but I knew I had to be ready for RA. I found a pretty good way of flushing and bleeding the brakes, I thought I would pass on the info.

After some looking around I found the Motive Power Bleeder from searching the corvetteforums website. The Motive Power Bleer was great and very easy to use. It took more time to put the car on jack stands and remove the wheels that it did to completely flush my brake system.

I sucked all the old fluid from the reservoir with a turkey baster and refilled the fluid with ATE blue. I then hooked up the Motive Power Bleeder and pressurized the system to 10 psi. I then flushed the system bleeding the brakes in normal fashion until I had clean fresh brake fluid coming out of the bleeder vavle. I had to refill my reservoir twice as the old brake fluid and other junk came out. I never let the reservoir run dry. Additionally I had to pump up the Motive Power Bleeder for each wheel. It literally took me 20 minutes to completely flush the system with new fluid. I used about 3/4 of a liter of brake fluid to flush the system.

Super easy to do. This is a great tool and makes bleeding the brakes an easy one person job.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Works good on the clutch too
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will never bleed brakes by foot pumping again. The motive power bleeders are awesome and are super easy to use.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Restricted User

I have one too and it is the greatest thing ever for brakes and clutches! Much better than the Mityvac.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was looking at getting one of those as well. But I wasn't sure which one to get. I believe there's two different styles for different style of reservoirs. Do you by chance remember the part number?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

I used the universal one. They also make a GM late model specific one as well.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works good on the clutch if you make sure the line is tight enough by the reservoir. I found out the hard way that mine was not lol.

Quick Reply: Motive power bleeder