Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DO I STILL NEED A Torque Arm Relocation IF IM GETTING A ADJ.T/Q ARM

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO I STILL NEED A Torque Arm Relocation IF IM GETTING A ADJ.T/Q ARM

i was reading something last week about something saying you dont need a Torque Arm Relocation if you have a adj.t/q arm or something.
please help
thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont have to get it. But it would probably be a good upgrade in the future, since the stock torque arm flexes alot more than an aftermarket one and therefor wouldnt put as much stress on the tailshaft of the transmission. However that could all be irrelevant depending on how much power your putting out.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPEEDYTRANSAM1996
i was reading something last week about something saying you dont need a Torque Arm Relocation if you have a adj.t/q arm or something.
please help
thanks
You can use an adjustable torque arm in the factory position no problem. People use the torque arm relocation mount to take the stress off the tail shaft of the transmission. If you are planning on driving the car aggressively I would recommend it.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would do it. I just ripped my stock torque arm off my differential. I would have hate to see the carnage that that would have done to my tranny tailshaft. I would think of it as one in the same. Kinda like using goggles while high speed drilling. Will you get something in your eye, maybe not, but it is good advice to use em.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK THANKS ALOT FELLAS....i just got my adj.t/q arm today in the mail by bmr so i guess im good to go after installing this huh...
thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To reword the responses to your questions:
1) You really need the adjustable torque arm; it is much stronger than the stock unit.
2) If you are making a lot of power (you don't say what you are running) you need to take it off the tailshaft with the relocation kit. Downsides could include increased noise because you are now tied to the body, which could clunk or flex the body (opinions on this vary, YMMV).

Quick Reply: DO I STILL NEED A Torque Arm Relocation IF IM GETTING A ADJ.T/Q ARM