Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Relocation Bracket Settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Relocation Bracket Settings

I currently have mine set on the second hole and was cuttin 1.75 60fts now i added a 1in rear sway bar and my 60fts went to ****. What are you guys running yours at ? Also i removed the front sway bar, rear seats and seat belts, and the front bumper support.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you were using the relocation brackets before, and have not changed anything with the way they are set up, then it has nothing to do with the brackets, and the title of this post is a bit misleading.

however, if that is the case, most likely the culprit is the stiffer rear sway bar and the weight reduction in the rear. before, you had more weight on the rear, which will place more downforce on the rear wheels, adding traction. also, with a larger rear sway bar, the rear end resists articulating more than it used to, so instead of soaking up some power on launch with the articulation (which adds traction by not "shocking" the tires loose as easily), your tires just spin instead, and you lose time on the 60'.

get stickier tires and hope your rear end doesn't grenade (assuming you're still on the stock 10-bolt).