Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front end shake

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front end shake

It's raining out so I'm searching for answers because I can't work on the car right now. My car got in a little fender bender a while back. I've been away from for a while, so when my car got out of the body shop my wife went & got it. I had a set of new rims & tires at home waiting for the car to get outta the shop. She had the tires installed & now when driving the car from about 50mph to 70 mph there is a little vibration going on in the front end. This only happens in this speed range. If you take your hands off of the wheel while it's shaking it tracks straight, but the wheel still shakes. If it wasn't raining I would put the stock wheels on to see if the front shakes with the stock wheels back on.

My main question is does this problem seem to be related to the front tires being out of balance ( they are brand new & supposedly balanced ) or could it be an alighment issue because of the new rims & tires?
Old 08-06-2003, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Front end shake

I would say it is a balance issue. I would get an alignment just to get the most tire wear with your new set up and get them to rebalance your front tires. If it is the balance you can but the fronts on the rear and then you should feel shaking in your seat instead of the steering wheel.