Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni Question

Hey guys I got a Koni 4/3 set from Sam Strano and I'm trying to set the rear damper before installing them on the car. I know Im gonna sound like an idiot but have any of you guys run into problems setting the rear shocks? I did exactly what Sam told me to do to before putting them on the car. I depressed the button on top of the shock and turned the cap at the top CCW. One of the shocks just keeps spining around and around. Should they stop after they Click so many times? How do you know when theyre set?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You will feel it either stop, or "click" into position. You might need to press the button down harder, I had to press mine down pretty hard for it to adjust.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Well, one shock did stop at full CCW but the other keeps spinning. Im pretty sure Im holding it down all the way I pushed it down as far as it would go with a center punch as I turned it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

You might have a problem with the shock then. If you are sure that your pressing the button down all the way, you may want to report it to Koni
Old 05-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Teching In

I had to press on the button and twist the shaft a little to get the button fully depressed.