Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Extending brake lines, Is this possible???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Extending brake lines, Is this possible???

Hello, Doing an procharger install on a 97 z and disconected the TCS unit, I want to put the T fitting under the ABS unit but it seems a bit tight for my liking, Is there any way to extend brake lines???????
97 z p/p heads p/p intake LT4 H.C true dual setup,12 bolt moser 4:30's,etc..etc..
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah they make adapters to extend them, or you can bend new lines but make them longer. You'll either need a flaring tool or take the lines to a shop to get them flared, a bender if you form your own, and a pipe cutter. all those tools are fairly cheap, under 10 bucks usually. But any auto parts store will have the supplies for you, not sure what they are on the camaro but 1/8" is the most common if I remember
Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the entire ABS and TCS unit. It will make your procharger install much easier and cleaner. You'll also be able to adjust the supercharger piping a bit with less bends resulting in better flow. It will also remove an easy 15-20lbs of weight which is good considering you're adding quite a bit due to the supercharger setup.

We do have a kit to remove ABS and complete bracket which is replaced by new preformed hard lines, wilwood adjustable proportioning valve and line lock (if you do not have one currently). You'll also be removing TCS.

You've got so much stuffed under the hood already...it is only worse with the added plumbing you'll be doing. The engine bay will stay cooler due to increased air flow as well as you're freeing up some needed space.

If you do not consider removing ABS/TCS, in order for it to function correctly, you'll never be able to change your tire sizes...which is another handicap against you. For what ABS/TCS does for you...it works more against you in every way when it comes to performance enhancements.

If you do not consider this, I'd highly advise against adding braided lines to your braking system. Only use hard line.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, Thanks def something to consider.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck! Let me know if I be of further assistance.