Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

1LE parts vs. BMR/Global West/Others

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1LE parts vs. BMR/Global West/Others

Is there any HUGE performance difference in the 1LE bars: front,rear sway, LCA's and panhard compared to the BMR's for example ?
There is a huge amt. of difference in price.
I do not drag @ the track or plan on autocrossing but I do like to hook it up on the street against the stangs and fart cannon mobiles.
Also, I am real close to installing SFC's. Is it a good idea to install LCA's and SFC's @ the same time ?
TIA.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: 1LE parts vs. BMR/Global West/Others

I would think you might want to install both at the same time because you don't want to weld the subframe on after the new lca is attached. I would think the heat might affect the poly bushing, but maybe not. So I would install the subframes first, and then install the new lca's and poly bushing. You could care less about the old one's when they are welding.

At least I'm hoping that's the way it was done when they welded in my subframes. I wasn't there to watch.

They say they know what they are doing, but sometimes you wonder.

Tip. Make sure when they weld that they remove your aluminum wheels first. Some idiot didn't do that on mine and the weld splatter pitted the insides of my rear wheels. But I can't prove who did it since it's been welded on for the subframes and the exhaust at different times by two different shops and I just noticed it. So which shop was stupid and did that..I don't know.

It's stupid way to ruin a pair of $600 wheels.

Just my 2cents.

Quick Reply: 1LE parts vs. BMR/Global West/Others