Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what springs work well with bilstein hd's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what springs work well with bilstein hd's?

i had bilstein hd's (not revalved) and stock springs right now.... is there any spring i can use with these shocks without a problem? eibach pro kit maybe?!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon_01_ta
i had bilstein hd's (not revalved) and stock springs right now.... is there any spring i can use with these shocks without a problem? eibach pro kit maybe?!
The HD's were not meant to handle anything but stock springs, so they are not going to be ideal for less travel, or higher spring rates. You may get a floaty, bouncy ride, if not at first then later when they get worn down.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Launching!

well i definately like the HD's better than the crappy stock shocks... but even with the HD's the ride still seems really floaty/bouncy and not stuck to the road.... what could be the cause of this?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

... but even with the HD's the ride still seems really floaty/bouncy and not stuck to the road.... what could be the cause of this?
That is because Bilstein toyed with the HD valving for the worst, so now they are only a little better than deCarbons.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Killer_Bluebird
That is because Bilstein toyed with the HD valving for the worst, so now they are only a little better than deCarbons.
Exactly, the shocks are the problem. Adding stiffer springs is a step in the wrong direction.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

well i definately like the HD's better than the crappy stock shocks... but even with the HD's the ride still seems really floaty/bouncy and not stuck to the road.... what could be the cause of this?
Wow it's true then about them not being very good these days. For that type of money you might as well just get KYB's. Konis would really be the answer though.

Quick Reply: what springs work well with bilstein hd's?