Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowered, any problems getting on aligment machine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lowered, any problems getting on aligment machine?

guys at the shop said when i go for an alignment i may have a problem getting onto the ramp because of how low my car is? has anyone had this problem? i hope ill be fine its a pro kit not sportlines, but it is pretty low.

edit: i just realized i spelled alignment wrong in the title.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking to get your car aligned look for places that have a "pit" underneath. I'll find out tomorrow for sure but I know that I can't get on a regular alignment rack at Firestone. My car is really low with the QA1's now. I had a hard time finding a place.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, i tell them to go ahead and scrape the **** out of the undercarriage... but its only my subframe connectors that are getting scratched up. thing is, when i do get an alignment, i stand there next to the monitor and hassle them until its perfect because i don't want to come back for more scratches. you can always sand and paint the scratched areas later.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah I think some places will give you **** for having a lowered car, which is rediculous but it is what it is.

You know what I would do is find a shop that does performance alignments and specify what you want to them. Something better for tire wear on normal daily driving than the stock positive camber range that the machine probably wants to hit, but probably can't since the car is lowered. You pay a little more for the specific alignment, but it's worth it in my opinion
Old 06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah I got the prokit with trueduals and it's preettie low.. got the lifetime warranty through brake check. Been wanting to get my car aligned but it will scrape the pipes badly if I attempt which I won't. I need to come up with an idea to avoid scraping. Might get some big plywood just to get me over. It sucks cause my car needs one bad
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to use 2x4's to get mine on the alignment rack at the dealer.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i dont mind scraping the undercarriage a bit as long as it doesnt beat the **** out of it, and i dont have true duals yet so i dont have to worry about that. yea ill have to stop by the place and see what they have to say otherwise ill do what bryan said and find a semi-local performance shop to do it. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: lowered, any problems getting on aligment machine?