Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

So, I don't have to replace the rear springs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So, I don't have to replace the rear springs?

I ordered the QA1 F gen front/rear package and it doesn't come with rear springs. I don't wanna go through with the install and find out I should've replaced them. Is it really necessary? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, did you get the QA1 coil overs for the front? If you want to lower your car a little you have the ability to adjust your ride height with the coil overs. If thats the case lowering the back of the car 1" would give it a better stance and lower your center of gravity. I sell just the rear springs for your car, although its not necessary to always replace them. It all depends on what you are using the car for. If you have any questions please give us a call . Our tech dept. is open MON-FRI 8:30AM to 6:00PM EST.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got the coil overs. I am really just interested in 1/4 mile performance but I also want decent manners on the street as this is my daily driver.
I hear any lowering will hurt my 60' and I'm just not sure when a spring is worn out or where to get stock height springs if they are. Thats pretty much the basis of my question.
My stock springs have 95k miles on em.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Lowering the car a little should have very little effect on your 60' times. As long as you don't run into a tire clearance issue you will be able to get the car to have a better stance. It depends on how you drive and over what kind of roads your car is driven on. If you car hasn't started to sag in the rear your factory springs are still ok. If you have any further questions let me know.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!