Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Better Springs For MY Needs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL I think you dont even know me so how about you take your stupid useless opinions and post them in someone elses thread. I love my car to death and if I cant make the ride better than this thats fine. (My opinion....I think you should go jump off a bridge.) But seriously if you dont have any helpful comments why even waste your time and post stupid comments??

The point of my thread is that I dont believe everything is correct on my setup and Im just trying to figure out what is wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by my01ws6
LOL I think you dont even know me so how about you take your stupid useless opinions and post them in someone elses thread. I love my car to death and if I cant make the ride better than this thats fine. (My opinion....I think you should go jump off a bridge.) But seriously if you dont have any helpful comments why even waste your time and post stupid comments??

The point of my thread is that I dont believe everything is correct on my setup and Im just trying to figure out what is wrong.
Whoa put down the gun. Some of you guys are way too sensetive and need to toughen up a bit.

Sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings

But anyway, since this forum is free for anyone to post and provide their opinion or info, I'll say that you car's shocks are either adjusted incorrectly, or there is something wrong, or this car is not for you and you should look into getting something more comfortable. Me saying this shouldn't upset you or hurt your feelings and doesn't violate any ls1tech posting rules. If it does then sorry to disappoint you.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

No it didnt upset me or anything like that. I just think if you have no helpful information its almost a waste of time to even respond. With that being said I didnt mean to come off like a ***** or something but when you tell me to buy a honda I take offense to that. Now if you would have said buy a cadalic then that may have been different.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd personally love to have the Strano springs or the BMR's! Right now I have the LT1 Prokit on my LT1 and I think it rides rough as hell. I'm actually trying to decide between those two springs so I can raise my car a little bit and hopefully get a better ride. It only takes money. LOL
Old 06-16-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by porksoda
I'd personally love to have the Strano springs or the BMR's! Right now I have the LT1 Prokit on my LT1 and I think it rides rough as hell. I'm actually trying to decide between those two springs so I can raise my car a little bit and hopefully get a better ride. It only takes money. LOL
What shocks do you have?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I'm wondering about shocks as well, because LT1 Pro-kits are pretty workable springs, far from the world's worst. Also tire pressure, wheel/tire weight (as unsprung weight increases wreck ride quality).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've PM'd Sam a few times about going the route of his springs. I have revalved Bilsteins from Sam.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

You do have heivier wheels with low profile tires... Konis aren't known to have a harsh ride. My car has a more agressive setup and i dont think it rides any rougher than an M series BMW.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

porksoda I'll tell you now that a spring change from LT1 Pro-kits to mine won't result in a huge change in ride. This is shocks, and this is why Revalves (when we could do them) were a cost-effective alternatives to Koni's. You can't play with them, and if you ask anyone (else) with Koni's you'll find most all report the change in damping to result in tangible changes to ride and response.

In short, changing springs would be wasting some money if you are doing so for any change in ride that's more than just minor. Changing shocks would be a much bigger change.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Better Springs For MY Needs.