Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

S+W racecars bolt in system, anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S+W racecars bolt in system, anyone use it?

I have a full S+W racecars bolt in subframe connectors, torque arm, LCA, and panhard bar for a 3rd gen camaro. I have given up on this project and would like to swap it to my 01 SS. I know the LCA and panhard bar will swap no problems and torque arm will bolt to the diff. The problem is that the subframe connectors will obviously not, which leaves the front of the torque hanging. I know that S+W offered this for a 4th gen setup also and all I would need to do is buy the new 4th connectors and everything would be fine. Except for the fact that they no longer offer the 4th gen stuff. Not sure why but i need them, and if they are not available I will sell the entire 3rd gen package and go with another company.

Does anyone have a setup like this and is it worth pursuing? The 3rd gen was never driven so I dont know how well it performed.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI or BMR make everypart you need.

Look them up.

Chris
Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

i already have most the parts, i would just like new s+w sub frame connectors
instead of buying all new equiptment, i know who sells
Old 07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Teching In

I have a lot of th S&W parts on my car. I just bought them all this year and had them put on so I was suprised when I read your post. Infact I had to retun the torque arm because it is impossible to use with any exhaust the way it is mounted which is probably why they don't make it anymore. I kept the frame connectors and had them welded in which work well but they have the torque arm brackets which hang low. I had to buy a spohn torque arm instead of he S&W. I would recomend the S&W as they have always made good parts and are also local for me as I am not far from PA.

Quick Reply: S+W racecars bolt in system, anyone use it?