Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard Bar Relocation Kit - Beneficial To Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
oooooh.... man I don't know about that one. I think the PHB plays a serious role in absorbing the lateral forces to the left and right that I don't think should be absorbed by the LCA's and shock absorbers. I have a hard time believing that you didn't notice any difference especially saying people have road raced and autoxed without a PHB. That's a bold statement to make. Removing the front swaybar is one thing, but removing the PHB is another. Some of you guys just shouldn't be giving advice, no offense
he's not talking about removing the PHB itself...he's talking about removing the upper PHB brace, the piece that mounts at both ends to the body itself, and that helps brace the PHB itself where it mounts to the body.

regardless, it should be put back in, whether it be the stocker or a custom/aftermarket one ASAP....you definitely don't want the body-side mounting point for your PHB to rip/break, or you'll have big problems.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam, I lowered the PHB bar on the drivers side to make room for my exhaust pipe on that side. Will this cause any handling/suspension issues or should I lower the bar the same amount on the passenger side to even things out?
Attached Thumbnails Panhard Bar Relocation Kit - Beneficial To Handling?-dscn0911.jpg  
Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
he's not talking about removing the PHB itself...he's talking about removing the upper PHB brace, the piece that mounts at both ends to the body itself, and that helps brace the PHB itself where it mounts to the body.

regardless, it should be put back in, whether it be the stocker or a custom/aftermarket one ASAP....you definitely don't want the body-side mounting point for your PHB to rip/break, or you'll have big problems.
Oh alright, sorry about that. Sometimes I don't read clearly enough. Please disregard my post.

Quick Reply: Panhard Bar Relocation Kit - Beneficial To Handling?