Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn Adj T/A and Dana 60 Fit Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn Adj T/A and Dana 60 Fit Problems

I mocked up some suspension/chassis upgrades, and I think I'm going to have fitment problems when I bolt this stuff together for real. Parts:

Strange Dana 60 Rear End
Strange 3" o.d. driveshaft
Spohn crossmember mounted adjustable torque arm (part #405)

The torque arm has the integral front driveshaft safety loop. I know I'll have to do some relief grinding where the T/A mounts to the rear end, and use the outside set of mounting holes.....no biggie. The problem is with the front crossmember/driveshaft loop. The passenger side of the crossmember hangs really, really low. I can see scraping/hitting anything much taller than a bottle cap. Also, with the front crossmember bolted in place, and the driveshaft passing through the safety loop, it looks to me like the top of the safety loop is sitting too far below the car's driveshaft tunnel.

On top of that, just by eye-balling the mock-up, I can't see how the Kooks long-tubes and ORY can possibly fit without interference.

Anyone else running this set-up?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have all these things in a third gen, i didn't have any problems though. i have pleny of room for the driveshaft. i did have to cut half of the top brace of the T/A where it bolts to the pumking housing though, and use the outer bolt holes. good luck man.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. Somebody warned me that crossmember mounted adjustable T/A's were a royal PITA to install on a 4th Gen., but I didn't want to risk snapping the tail shaft off my tranny, so I bought the stupid thing anyway. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it....right now, I got bigger fish to fry.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the tunnel mounted torque arms like you have are quite easy to install on the 4th gen car. Everything above should go together fairly easy with minimum modifications.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

Quick Reply: Spohn Adj T/A and Dana 60 Fit Problems