Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Driveshaft safety loop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008 | 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Driveshaft safety loop?

I will be installing my H/C/I soon and will have much more power over stock obviously. I've been considering getting a driveshaft safety loop.

I already have the UMI tranny mounted torque arm as well as the relocation cross member that removes the mounting point from the transmission.

Is this something I should seriously consider or is it not needed? The car is mainly a weekend cruiser but it will be going on the dyno and limited track time after everything is installed.
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

i would say yes, just because the loops are fairly cheap. it sounds like your going to be puttin some nice power down and i dont think you would want to risk blowing a u-joint and having to buy a new driveshaft and anything else it hits. my friends just blew out and he had to buy a new driveshaft, torque arm, e-brake brackets, lines, and pieces of exhaust pipe as well as new u-joints haha.

from your sig it looks like you have a nice car, i wouldnt want to risk messing it up over a fifty dollar part, just my .02
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Safety Safety Safety
Old 08-07-2008 | 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

cant stress safety enough
Old 08-07-2008 | 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know what I will have to do considering I already have a aftermarket torque arm with no safety loop and the crossmember that relocates the torque arm.

Will the mounting points be in the way of a safety loop or will it just bolt right up to my existing parts?
Old 08-07-2008 | 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would contact UMI and see what they suggest
Old 08-08-2008 | 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JScamaro
I will be installing my H/C/I soon and will have much more power over stock obviously. I've been considering getting a driveshaft safety loop.

I already have the UMI tranny mounted torque arm as well as the relocation cross member that removes the mounting point from the transmission.

Is this something I should seriously consider or is it not needed? The car is mainly a weekend cruiser but it will be going on the dyno and limited track time after everything is installed.
So if you got your TA mounted on the trans crossmember, then you can get the tunnel brace mounted drive shaft loop.

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2008 | 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Yes you want to have a driveshaft loop.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft safety loop?