Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm or LCA/PHB next???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Arm or LCA/PHB next???

I have SFC's installed and was looking to do the next step in suspension and I was wondering what should come first, the Torque Arm or the LCA/PHB set??? Please leave me and advice or suggestions...

ALSO...When I DO get the torque arm, should I relocate it, or just transmission mount it??? Thanks in advanced

Car is more DD than track if that matters....

Joey
Old 08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

noone?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help to know a little more about your car: The mods, future mods, etc.
Myself, I would do the PHB/LCA/LCA relocation brackets first.
And I would relocate the torque arm, but keep the stock length to keep the stock geometry.
And it's Saturday night, don't expect a flood of responses in less than an hour. I just happened to be taking a break prior to heading out to raise some sand.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Car has LT's, LM2, Lid, SFC's Bilstein HD's i was thinking the LCA/PHB first as well
Old 08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

do it all at once because your going to have to load the rear to put the lcas and the torque arm in anyways so you might as well get it taken care of at once. you dont really need to relocate the torque arm mount off the trans either. if you bought 3 point subframe connectors i would say go for it because then they would tie into your tunnel brace but if you just have 2 points i would just go with the trans mounted one and save urself a little clearance underneath.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
do it all at once because your going to have to load the rear to put the lcas and the torque arm in anyways so you might as well get it taken care of at once. you dont really need to relocate the torque arm mount off the trans either. if you bought 3 point subframe connectors i would say go for it because then they would tie into your tunnel brace but if you just have 2 points i would just go with the trans mounted one and save urself a little clearance underneath.
Ok thanks for the advice...I bought the UMI 3pt SFC's and I was gonna buy the UMI PHB/LCA'S and torque arm as well...I guess I'll just do a lil more saving to do it all at once.....
Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I just broke my transmission tail shaft housing because of the torque arm, it took about a week of launching with my new 315s and BANG! I would recommend relocating the torque arm. As for which one to do first, id say its a toss up.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The tailshaft can break at any time under and circumstance. We offer all of the parts that you are interested in. You can put a torque arm relocation bracket and lower control arms, then do your other mods. Call if you have any questions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

relocation brackets made a world of difference for me.

Quick Reply: Torque Arm or LCA/PHB next???