Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stress fractures on the eradispeeds, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stress fractures on the eradispeeds, now what?

ok so i've had my eradispeeds for about 10 mos. i seasoned the rotors according to the instructions and am using the hawk carbon transfer pad. i noticed the other day i have heat stress fractures on the front rotors. its not just around the holes its also on the rotor surface where the pads rub. i believe the warranty expressly doesnt cover this so now what? is it possible to get just the rotor and reuse the existing hub or do i just need to trash them and try something else?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: stress fractures on the eradispeeds, now what?

If you have to get new rotors...get the EBC slotted and "dimpled," note not cross drilled. Ive had mine on for over 28,000 miles and there is NO cracks of anykind. These rotors are the chit. I got mine from QTP. baryy is a nice guy and serivce is top notch. Also I run mine with hawk pads. THey stop like nobodys business.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-31-2003, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Small amounts of surface "checking" (very small cracks that go nowhere) are not uncommon on brakes. As long as they are extremely small, they are nothing to worry about (do keep an eye on them though). Rotors really are a wear item and under hard use (expecially with aggressive pads) will eventually need replacement. They simply wear out over time and some brake compounds will speed this process along (race pads destroy rotors). Keep an eye on them, they will likley be fine (if the cracks are as I described).

Just my thoughts....
Old 08-31-2003, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

checking...hmmm. i guess i'll keep an eye on them. i dont feel like replacing them yet, i have eradispeeds on the back as well and i like them to match. i am apparently hard on brakes, the autozone rotors i had before didnt last 3 mos w/ stock pads.

Quick Reply: stress fractures on the eradispeeds, now what?