Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just got my Koni's installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008 | 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

^ That is a great feeling. What cruise line is it and have you been on one before? I'm interested in trying one.
Old 09-04-2008 | 04:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Hopefully far away from any Tropical Storms and Hurricanes.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 09-04-2008 | 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please don't mention those. Every time a turn around I have one of those heading my way.
Old 09-04-2008 | 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Redlinez
^ That is a great feeling. What cruise line is it and have you been on one before? I'm interested in trying one.
Carnival Cruise Line. This is my third cruise. Go on one. You will not regret it.

Bill
Old 09-05-2008 | 12:50 AM
Pontiacerator
20 Year Member

Some (wealthy) friends took us on one. I thought I would be be bored but we had a great time.
Old 03-16-2009 | 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

alright got to harden the fronts up and it is better. I also went back to my 17s for more of a side wall and i had issues with my 18s but it rides better not great but better. what do you guys put the rears at i could search but its late if you want to post it cool if not ill search later.
Old 03-17-2009 | 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

what happens if you dont run the washer? and how quickly will it happen? I didnt use it

Perhaps time to go to the lower perch...
Old 03-17-2009 | 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The washer is to be used, any customer of mine who calls me (as they should) before the install knows that because it's one of the many details I cover with them. Anyone can sell shocks, not just anyone has specific and pertinent information regarding these shocks for this car.
Old 03-17-2009 | 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The washer is to be used, any customer of mine who calls me (as they should) before the install knows that because it's one of the many details I cover with them. Anyone can sell shocks, not just anyone has specific and pertinent information regarding these shocks for this car.
I am your customer. We didnt discuss the washers specifically. Any answers to the above questions?
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JSmee99T/A
alright got to harden the fronts up and it is better. I also went back to my 17s for more of a side wall and i had issues with my 18s but it rides better not great but better. what do you guys put the rears at i could search but its late if you want to post it cool if not ill search later.
I have 3rd gen rears and mine are set on full soft now.
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

How about installation instructions? That way you don't have to spend your time talking to each customer and sometimes you may forget to mention all the details...

Because most of us know how much you like to talk on the phone...

Hey Sam, since I'm giving you a hard time already... how many of these national titles did you win with a F Body?

Last edited by ATLSS; 03-17-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
I am your customer. We didnt discuss the washers specifically. Any answers to the above questions?
Don't mind Sam. He's a prima donna.
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, how did I miss this thread last year...
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

My Koni's are working great. Even better since I got a new set of BFG tires.

Thanks again Sam.

Bill
Old 03-18-2009 | 09:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ATLSS
How about installation instructions? That way you don't have to spend your time talking to each customer and sometimes you may forget to mention all the details...

Because most of us know how much you like to talk on the phone...

Hey Sam, since I'm giving you a hard time already... how many of these national titles did you win with a F Body?
Why not instructions? Frankly to keep my info from making the web for tire kickers like you to get your hands on. Don't want to buy from me, want to hang up on me because I hurt you fragile ego, want to name call, and act like a child? Fine, but don't expect me to help you if even indirectly. How's that for a good reason? If not here's another.... I'm able to be more specific about details talking than I can with a piece of paper.

As it turns out--the man with this issue was actually a customers of mine, which is more than I can for you. Why he didn't call for the installation details I can't say. It's a standing offer to all my Koni customers, not everyone does.

This Prima-donna has won 3 of 5 National Championships in F-bodies (one in a 3rd gen, two in my 2001), and 2 of 4 ProSolo National Series titles in an F-body. If you do the math that's half in a Camaro, half in a Mustang (I run, own, and work on both because they are both pony-cars and I like pony-cars).

Last edited by Sam Strano; 03-18-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2009 | 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Frankly to keep my info from making the web for tire kickers like you to get your hands on.
This "tire kicker" just bought a complete suspension package from someone else.... I've got money to spend. All I want is a little respect from a seller... which you know nothing about Sam.

I feel great about having the conversation I had with you after talking to SEVERAL members on this site that feel the same way I did about you...

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2009 | 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Fine, but don't expect me to help you if even indirectly. How's that for a good reason?
This is a glaring example of the size of your ego that you have no chance of containing...

Good luck to you Sam.
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ATLSS
This "tire kicker" just bought a complete suspension package from someone else.... I've got money to spend. All I want is a little respect from a seller... which you know nothing about Sam.

I feel great about having the conversation I had with you after talking to SEVERAL members on this site that feel the same way I did about you...

Good luck!
Dude, no one cares. I'm sure we'll all wait for your thread on help when your car does x and you want it to do y. The funny thing about respect is when you give other people respect they respect you back. Just because you "have money to spend" doesn't give you the right to be a jerk.

A big thanks to Sam for all of the help and information he provides to this forum. I'll be calling you within the next few weeks to setup a plan for mine. Thanks again Sam.
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
A big thanks to Sam for all of the help and information he provides to this forum. I'll be calling you within the next few weeks to setup a plan for mine. Thanks again Sam.
Dude, no one cares. Get a life. It's pretty damn sad you have to revive a thread two months old just to say "I <3 sam and am buying from him" just bc someone said something you didnt like.

btw- impressive mod list man! If I had all that I would list it in my sig for sure too...
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
Dude, no one cares. Get a life. It's pretty damn sad you have to revive a thread two months old just to say "I <3 sam and am buying from him" just bc someone said something you didnt like.

btw- impressive mod list man! If I had all that I would list it in my sig for sure too...
I was just scanning through threads and saw this and considering it is the 18th I didn't pay much attention to the month on it.

Considering that was created back in 2004 and it hasn't been touched since then I really could care less
My mod list consists of $$ in my bank account.

Quick Reply: Just got my Koni's installed?