Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA making noise.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA making noise.....

Is it just wore out bushings? When I put the car under a load (load the suspension) or hit a bump in the road my drivers side LCA pops. Sounds nasty. I need to fix it....I think it's the bushing. Anybody else have this same situation?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get new tubular lower control arms. or get new stock bushings, or just grease the **** out of the current ones. good luck.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Launching!

think i will save myself the trouble of replacing bushings and just put a new tubular a-arm set up.......kinda what i thought i would hear. Thanks Fenix
Old 08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

I get the noise on my rear lca's i was told its the bushings and to either replace the bushings with poly or get tubulars.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

OMFG do not get poly for the rear LCA's. Yes that will decrease deflection to limit wheel hop but it will also cause bind when cornering which effectively acts like a larger rear sway bar. This will in turn cause the car to have more oversteer. Instead if you want something that handles correctly, decreases wheel hop and has quiet opperation the best option is to replace the stock bushings with the solid Moog bushings. The other thing you can try before replacing the bushings is to loosen the the bolts holding the LCA's in place. Then with the suspension under load retighten them. This is a common problem from when people put their rear suspension back together and typically won't happen if it's never been apart. I would however give this a try either way.