Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2 Questions (Parking Brake Light and Squeel)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions (Parking Brake Light and Squeel)

First order of business. For some reason my Parking Brake light will not go out even when I put the hand brake down. I took the center counsole out and checked the connection to th sensor at the base of the brake and it is perfectly fine. I cleaned it out and reconnected it, still no luck. It was doing just fine until my battery went bad and when I put a new battery in it I noticed it would not go off. With the computer still believeing that the parking brake is up the ABS INOP light is on. Any ideas or suggestions...Any help is greatly appreciated.

Second question is I have a light squeel in the rear brakes and it is really getting on my nerves. You can tell it is coming from the rear and I cleaned them again and again but it just won't go away. I had them off the car about a month ago when I replaced the rear end but the squeel just will not go away. Any suggestions or ideas on this topic would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for your time,

Bob
Old 09-06-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

The brake light may be on for other reasons such as low fluid/pressure. Suggest you check out your whole system.

If your rear brakes are squeaking you can buy some compound from the parts store to put on the backs of the pads.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks the reply I will check on all that.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try some brake grease on the rear brakes. No, I'm not being a smart ***, there is actually a product made by CRC called brake grease. Put a little bit on all moving surfaces (except the pad face and rotors, but that should go without saying).

Brake Pad "ears"
Back of Brake Pads
Caliper guide pin bolts

Quick Reply: 2 Questions (Parking Brake Light and Squeel)