Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

loud squeak from front driver's side suspension... help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud squeak from front driver's side suspension... help!!

a few weeks ago i started hearing a squeaking or creaking type sound coming from the front drivers side suspension and it has gotten worse everytime i drive the car... now it's loud as hell and makes that noise the entire time i'm driving... it sounds like somebody rolling around on a really old bed with worn out springs... the car isnt handling as well either, it doesnt seem like its sticking to the road as good (dont know if this has anything to do with the sound or not).. but can u guys give me some input on what this might be? thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your best bet is to get the car up in the air and start examining all your suspension pivot points. Bushings, Springs, rod ends and ball joints. That's really the only way to figure out what is causing the issue.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
Your best bet is to get the car up in the air and start examining all your suspension pivot points. Bushings, Springs, rod ends and ball joints. That's really the only way to figure out what is causing the issue.
thanks for the reply... and yea i figured that.... it's just that not many mechanics around here seem to know what the hell they are doing judging from past experience... so i wanted to get some input on here
but i was thinking it's somethin with the ball joint because since this starting its caused some steering/handling issues... the steering wheel wants to jerk left or right randomly and the car is "wandering" all over the road... wasn't like this at all before the squeaking started