Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clunking From Rear

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt feel like going under the car today so I decided to take a look at the inside again..As I pushed the spare tire it felt tight and in place, but when I punched it a little it made a sound that might be what im hearing over bumps. BUT it wasnt coming from the tire like I thought it was,i nstead its the amp mount that is loose and shaking. So I stuffed the amp holder with a towel and will give a update in the morning. Also took out the right rear spare cover/speaker, the jack, and the spare just in case

(The current sound isnt very loud and not constent or predictable, the majority of the noise was the lower control arms and the sway bar, the car is alot quieter now then it was before)
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Well it wasnt the amp holder thats making the remaing noise...So today i made sure my sway bar endlinks were tight.also stuffed the right rear panel a little bit and found out that my ss third light on the spoiler was loose.

BUT I think it might be coming from the rearend perhaps?Im taking it to a rearend shop and want to know what I should have them check?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Found out mine was my exhaust.

Good luck OP!

Quick Reply: Clunking From Rear