Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Good choices in shocks when you changed to lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

AGX's allow you to tweak the damping and can better damp lowering springs, but aren't nearly as durable. They work pretty well but don't offer the combination of control without the smash & crash. Turn them down to be softer and they just lack control. And when they break KYB will tell you to take a hike. So they are better for control, but not for impact harshness (which upsets cars when driven near the limit, not just something that's annoying), and are like a cheap made in China tool. It'll work for a while, and when it breaks you'll be pissed you didn't buy something better.

I can appreciate Sam's passion for this !!!

I recently started autocrossing (BeaveRun Low Key) and actually got to go out on the roadcourse for six laps the other day. AWESOME!

Because of budget, I went with KYB AGX's and Eibach's. I was very happy, until I became a better driver. I was fortunate enough to have a very experienced F body road racer second seat me, he gave me instruction that really improved my driving skills.

I now know what Sam is talking about. I would benefit from Koni's big time. I can now drive the car harder, load the suspension properly but the AGX's are not designed to work in the high load of full compression. The impact harshness of the AGX's sucks when they slam.

He is right about the Koni's, but unfortunately with 4 kids and only limited track time and funding I will keep going with what I have.

Maybe Santa will suprise me!

My 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Good choices in shocks when you changed to lowering springs?