Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best springs for autoX (not coil overs)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default best springs for autoX (not coil overs)

my car has koni double adjustables up front, singles in the rear. 1LE front sway bar, stock rear sway bar.
LG TA and LCA (poly/rod). i think the car handles awesome now, but i'd like to turn it up a notch. i autocross 3-4 times per month and theres this damn mustang i can't seem to beat.
i figure my two choices are:
-35mm solid front bar
-stiffer springs

i'd like to do one at a time, but which one should i do first? i like the bar because when i drag race, i can remove it completely and it won't hurt my ET. but the springs will hurt my ET because they restrict weight transfer. i don't drag race too often anymore, so i would get springs if they'd help the autoX.

i hear the rear springs are fine for autocross; can i just buy some front springs? i prefer not to lower the car too much. definately not over one inch. would like to keep it stock ride height if possible. 1LE front springs might be good for me or the SLP ones. don't know.

i need some hardcore autocrossers to give me advice on this topic. i'll open track 2-3 times per year if that makes a difference; that is just for fun.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: best springs for autoX (not coil overs)

If you're not wanting to lower the car, then I would recommend the 1LE springs.

Edit: Misread the swaybar info
Old 09-10-2003, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wouldn't upgrading your rear swaybar help you out both in autocross and maybe a little in drag racing?
Old 09-10-2003, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Wouldn't upgrading your rear swaybar help you out both in autocross and maybe a little in drag racing?
In autocross it may be a hinderance until everything else is dialed in. The local course we use and the way I had my spring/shock combo setup worked well. I added the rear bar, and it made my car tail happy until I dialed down the rear shocks some.... it's hard to setup a car properly for multiple uses, unless it's adjustable components.

Quick Reply: best springs for autoX (not coil overs)