Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

1957 chevy 2 door hard top

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1957 chevy 2 door hard top

I'VE HAD THIS CAR SINCE I WAS BORN,"IM 22", WELL MY GRANDPA GAVE IT 2ME I'VE PUT ALOT OF TIME AN MONEY IN IT ,I JUST WANNA C WAT ITS WORTH, IT HAS

415 SBC
WORLD PRO 225CC HEADS
2.05 VAL
FORGED CALIES CRANK
H-BEAM RODS
SRP POP UPS
11.5/1 COMP
SOLID ROLLER CAM 625 LIFT
BUILT TH400
456 GEARS
HURST Q-STICK SHIFTER
ALUM.STAR WHEELS 15/4 AN 15/10
28/11/15 M/Ts
BLUE WITH BLACK TOP PAINT
ALL ORG. CHROME
HAS DISC BRAKES IN FRONT UNKNOWN KIT

THE REAR AND ALL BRAKES AN MOTOR PLATES DONE BY GAYLAN SMITH
NOW IT JUST SITS IN MY MOMS GARG. JUS WANNA KNOW WAT ITS WORTH ,
THANKS ,TRAVIS

Old 05-13-2009, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

IF it is rust/dent/damage free the paint is in good condition and the interior is in good shape and it runs and drive good it is worth 15-30k I know that is a big price gap but if it is a show quality car it is in the upper end of the price range. If it is more of a hot rod car it is in the lower end of the spectrum unless all of the work is done by a well know car builder thats name is well know though out the car community.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

like stated above, your price will vary alot depending on what quality work is done. just the car itself will bring you probably 10K if its rust-free, and any body work done was with minimal bondo.

The market for these old cars is pretty tight, people either want an all original restoration with numbers matching everything, or a full out custom hotrod.

My dad has a fully restored numbers matching 1956 Nomad, and he always says that he enjoys seeing the "hot-rod" 55-57 cars cause it just makes his a bit more valuable...

Just start looking online for cars for sale, or recently sold, see how your car compares and start figuring it out. My dad had an appraiser come to look over his car so he could be properly insured for it. Thats another option.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

It depends on what someone is willing to pay and what you are willing to sell it for... As stated above, it depends on rust and body work. If you have to do body work keep the bondo to a minimum and the car will still hold value. If it is full of bondo and body wave then it will not be worth nothing...

I will be willing to say 20k+, these cars are getting hard to find.