Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

parting out 1995 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011 | 04:54 PM
Banned

Ttt ..........
Old 01-14-2011 | 02:19 PM
Banned

Deposit left on car. Will update once car is gone. For everyone else PMing me, the car does have front end damages not shown in the picture. This is not something you can drive off in. Its more of a parts car.
Old 01-14-2011 | 07:03 PM
Banned

Car is sold. Please lock this thread up.
Old 01-14-2011 | 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thesource
Deposit left on car. Will update once car is gone. For everyone else PMing me, the car does have front end damages not shown in the picture. This is not something you can drive off in. Its more of a parts car.
Would have been nice to know before i wasted a day of driving and a 100 bucks in gas to find this out...
Old 01-14-2011 | 07:46 PM
Banned

I'm sorry guy. I really don't know what you were expecting for $500. I would have gladly provided more pics of the car had you requested them but you did not. Did you not see the part where parts were being sold off the car? And were you not made aware of this in private message? If the car was in good shape, why in the world would
anyone consider parting it out or smashing the damn thing?

The guys that picked it up this afternoon didn't bitch at all. They are going to use it for a parts car. Thats what its good for. I think you just thought you were gonna steal something for little to nothing so you jumped on it and it wasn't what you assumed it was.
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

I was expecting a car with a trashed interioir(which it was) didnt have a title(which it didnt) and a car that didnt run and with no way of checkin the transmission either to make sure your word was good... not a car that had all three listed above and had been wrecked... the assumption was you just wanted it gone and didnt really care for it since you got it for cheap yourself... see lt1 cars sell for cheap *** **** all the time... you expect people to assume that its wrecked?!?! hell no!!! you never once said anything of the such... just so convenient that your pic happened to show just the front half of car that looked nice...
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

and no you never told me anything through p.m.
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

all i wanted was a straight body. didnt need a title. you see lt1 bodys sell for 500 without title often. and the fact u had no proof that motor runs or transmission works doesnt increase value much at all... im suppose to take your word that its an opti and not that its spun a rod bearing(s)??? that will make it run rough as hell like you describe... who knows...
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95z28camaro
Hey would you take 500 for whole car and ill come pick it up for sure friday?

Seats, berger panel, passenger side tail light and ecu are sold. I would take $500 for the rest of it if I still have it on Friday. Call me before heading this way.

dang. ok whats your number? and ill give ya a shout thursday evening and let ya know when we plan on leaving.

210-887-7615 My name is Mike

Hey i really want to get this car from you man but i cant afford to spend 500 right now. was planning on having my motor sold but buyer backed out. i could do 350 since i sold my nitrous kit but 500 and the cost of gas would have me broke till next pay check. let me know if that would work for you or not please.

thanks,
brian

I can crush it 5 miles down the road from my shop for $12 a hundred. Thats roughly $420 cash money anytime I want it. I'm gonna have to pass on the offer.

Talked to my mother and she said she will lend me the 150. So I will still take it. Plan on leaving around 8:30 so put there around 12. Work for ya?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At no time did you ask for more pics. I made it clear that the car was being parted out and would take $500 for what was left of the car. Not sure what the hell you were expecting for that amount of money or what would possess you to think anyone would crush a car in good shape. You made an assumption and didn't bother asking any other questions or request any more pics. I would have gladly provided them upon request.

Hell the guy that bought it tonight drove an hour from the other side of town in the pouring rain. Gladly gave me the $500 for it and I helped him load it on his trailer. Somehow the same exact pics were posted on Craigslist as here and he fully expected the car to be a piece of crap but good for parts which it was. The engine/trans/wiring harness/rear end were worth $500 alone.
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:11 PM
Banned

Its always the low ballers that bitch the most. Oh well, car is gone to someone that will hopefully put it to good use instead of it becoming beer cans.
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

well hope it works out for him but what im talking about has nothing to do with him...

so it would have been so hard for you to take a complete picture of the car and not intentionally hide the damage? is it my fault for not asking if it had been wrecked? yes... but from what i saw in the pics and seeing that it didnt run and didnt have a title i figured the pile of **** would be worth the $1000 you were asking for it... seeing that you had sold all the other crap off of it already and the fact you were gonna go scrap it i figured i could get it from ya for $500 so i made the offer... seemed as if you just wanted it gone and didnt give a damn about it....

my fault for being to trustworthy but yours also... hiding the truth is the same as lying dude...
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

and i would have paid top dollar for it if you hadnt said you were gonna scrap it... so that made it known that you would sell it cheap...
Old 01-14-2011 | 08:26 PM
Banned

If clean rollers are easy to find, why the hell would you drive a few hours to buy mine? You assumed you were gonna steal it for next to nothing, fix it and sell it. The key is you assumed. I'm sorry you wasted a trip to see it. I felt the price of $500 was more than fair for what you were purchasing. Obviously you didn't and thats your decision. Someone else thought it was a good deal and bought it. Like I said, its always the low ballers that bitch the most. You tried to low ball me with some BS about not having the money then said you were going to borrow it. Now you claim you would have paid top dollar but figured you could get it dirt cheap because I said I was going to scrap it. Which is it? Either you were broke and lying about paying top dollar or you had money and tried to low ball me with a lie. Honestly I don't really care which one it was. The car is now gone to a new owner and was saved from being smashed.

The only damage was the front of the hood and the driver side portion of the bumper cover. The front end structure wasn't damaged and the air bags were not deployed. I never once said anything about the shape of the body. Anyone buying it would be doing so for the drivetrain.
Old 01-16-2011 | 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Hey if this thing is still up for grabs do you happened to have the tranny
Old 01-16-2011 | 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaro_ZL2
Hey if this thing is still up for grabs do you happened to have the tranny
Car has been sold. I can give you the number of the guys that bought it. I know they were going to strip off the parts they wanted and either crush it or sell the rest of the parts off it. They are on the north west side of San Antonio so you'd probably have to pick it up from them. Shoot me a PM if you want their info.