Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!

Okay, it is time for this car to go. This has been my fun daily driver but I'm going to get something that fits a car seat. This 2000 Camaro convertible is Onyx Black paint, ebony cloth interior, and a black canvas top. Here's the specs:

The following were done by the previous owner just before I got the car
top replaced 3 years ago -- still in perfect shape
windshield replaced in the last 3 years
dash pad replaced in the last 3 years

In the 2 years of owning it, I have:
replaced worn out Camaro seats with power Firebird front seats
one-click unlock both door mod
replaced snowflake rims with chrome 5-stars
new tires (only about 1,500 miles on them!)
limo tint
synthetic Mobil 1 oil

I have also done the following suspension/chassis mods:
Koni 4/4 fully adjustable shocks
Strano springs
35 mm hollow front sway bar
22 mm rear sway bar
poly bushings on sway bars
UMI convertible sub frame connectors

Options/features on this car include: 3800 motor, 5-speed transmission, power everything, CD player, etc.

Here's the things I can think of that need work:
-driver's side door has a paint marring about the size of a quarter. It is still black, but I notice it
-passenger side mirror is cracked. Not falling apart, but has a crack in the mirror
-headlights are hazy
-I put new clutch fluid in it once a month. Not sure of the problem, I haven't looked into it. Drive it everyday.

This car is great to drive around. It rides on rails and stops on a dime. The suspension alone cost me almost $2,000. Never had a check engine light and the car has started every time, never left me stranded and has gone on a number of quality road trips. 134,000 miles on the clock and still running like a champ. She has also been in a few parades as well.

Sun visors are in good shape, top works PERFECTLY without a hiccup, seats are in perfect shape. The previous owner and I have taken great care of this car, and now she needs a new home for someone else to do the same.

I'm going to throw $7,000 out there to start, but I realize that is too high for this board Feel free to shoot me a PM with an offer.

The car can be seen/driven in North Dallas/Frisco area. I have clean blue title in hand. I'll get more pictures up in the next few days, this is just what I had on my phone after getting the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!-photo.jpg  
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus, At first i thought it was a decent deal not to bad, Till I read it is a 3800 v6 big downer for the price. Good luck on it.,
Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Launching!

I know. I also have my 97 Z28 rolling chassis with fully built suspension and chassis for sale for $2500.

The V6 was my daily driver. More dependable/better mpg/less frustration than an 8 cylinder.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Price on craigslist is $6,000. Make me an offer. I'm including more pics too. I'm leaving the Koni 4/4 on there, the strano springs, and subframes -- unless someone wants to make an offer on those also. Everytime I sell a part, the price of the car goes down.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!-1000001093.jpg   2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!-1000001092.jpg   2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!-1000001094.jpg   2000 Camaro convertible....with suspension mods!-1000001096.jpg  
Old 04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Launching!

I'm open for offers, anyone want to cruise in a convertible with no worries about motor issues--this is your car!