Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

1985 Toyota 4runner rockcrawler for trade

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1985 Toyota 4runner rockcrawler for trade

1985 toyota 4runner
roughly 200k miles on odometer. 22RE was rebuilt last year.
new w56 5 speed transmission and marlin clutch
new transfer case with 4.7 gearset

front axle has a Ballistic truss, 27 spline chromo birfields, 4.88 gears and a spartan locker and brand new vented rotors.

rear axle has a auburn limited slip and 4.88 gears

Full Family roll cage from 4xinnovations.

tube doors are also from 4xinnovations

racing seats up front, 2nd gen 4runner seat in back.

front and rear bumpers as well as the sliders are from Marlin Crawler

36x13.50/r15 Irok Bias ply tires on 15x10 beadlock wheels, NEW. only one offroad trip, and MAYBE 20 road miles.

Sky manufacturing transfer case e-brake kit

Bikini top kit

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. The 85 toyota 4x4 was the best model you can buy, because it was the first year of EFI and the last year of solid front axles. These things are getting HARD to find in decent shape. no rust, very solid, and is amazing offroad. i do have a clear title for it. it was registered last year, but both reg and inspection are expired now. Bought this to build into a bad *** wheeler, then my wife talked me into building her jeep instead. So now she's got a daily driver that's bigger then my wheeler, and i'm thinking about getting back into a camaro or firebird and wheel her jeep on the weekends. LOL.

TRADES:: LS1 camaros/firebirds/corvettes. thats it. no LT1 cars, period.

cash value is 8,000. i dont intend on selling it outright, i dont have time to sell cars and then go look for another one to buy.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

there's a pic so you can see the bikini top setup. there's alot of different ways this thing can be set up. with some 33s this truck will EASILY get 20 mpg, if not better on the highway (if you wanted to use it for a daily). thats what i did with my old 87 4runner that was setup identical to this one, had a set of 36s for wheeling and a set of 33 bfg AT's for daily driving and that one got 25 mpg pretty easily.

BTW: you can text me at TWO FIVE FOUR 913-0794 with trade offers, i wont be checking this very regularly.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

returned. Also, i have brake rotors and calipers to convert the rear axle to disc (currently drum), and i also have trail gear Creeper Joints brand new for the shackles to increase the flex, and hell, alot more **** i cant think of right now. I know its a pretty long shot on a LS1 forum for people to actually realize what i have, but eh, its worth a shot.