Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

wtb c5 corvette roller

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011 | 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Default wtb c5 corvette roller

If any one knows of anyone with a descent c5 vette roller their looking to sell let me know.
Old 07-18-2011 | 08:04 PM
Teching In

http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?/...ilt-c5-roller/
Old 07-19-2011 | 11:37 AM
Launching!

That's my C5. Thanks WE485 for posting the link!

Still for sale. If you are in Austin, you're welcome to come see it in person. It's a damn good deal for the parts that're in it/the work it will take to get back on the road.

Edit: let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-19-2011 | 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

send me some pics to prooutlaws10@aol.com but I will be honest 10k sounds high for a roller with body damage and a salvage title.
Old 07-20-2011 | 10:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
send me some pics to prooutlaws10@aol.com but I will be honest 10k sounds high for a roller with body damage and a salvage title.
It does not have a salvage title. Insurance decided to total it, but cannot have a salvage title issued unless repairs exceed actual value in Texas.

Pics are on their way. 10k is my number with all the parts. Mind you, the rear and torque tube have maybe 1k miles on them, and have been built plus it comes with lots of extra parts I accumulated. Depending on where you're at I can subtract some stuff from her to try to get to your ballpark.
Old 07-20-2011 | 11:51 AM
On The Tree

WHat? ins totaled it but not a salvage title ? i no understand ? If its totaled wouldnt it be a salvage title, cause the repairs exceeded the value of the car ?
Old 07-20-2011 | 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

If the insurance claim showed it a totale loss its totaled and should have a salvage title. Not sure what the insurance told you but they should have either gave you some thing or mailed it to you telling you the process to turn your title in and have it changed to a salvage title. If you wouldn't have bought the car back it would have been sold at auction with a salvage title.

Trending Topics

Old 07-21-2011 | 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
If the insurance claim showed it a totale loss its totaled and should have a salvage title. Not sure what the insurance told you but they should have either gave you some thing or mailed it to you telling you the process to turn your title in and have it changed to a salvage title. If you wouldn't have bought the car back it would have been sold at auction with a salvage title.
He right. I live In texas and wreck my SS camaro showed to be 7k in repairs car valued at 11k so they total it and ask me I could have it back but they would only cut me a 5500$ check + the car. I ask ok will it be salvage and they said no but it was like I bought the car back for the salvage value at the auction. Title was a clear blue title still.
Old 07-21-2011 | 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure that **** on car fax though lol
Old 07-22-2011 | 02:55 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

You guys are mistaken. They CAN issue a salvage title depending on the circumstances. If you own a car clear and free then you have a LOT to say weather it gets one or not especially if you let them know its a deal breaker for you to buy it back and it has a Salvage title. Cars used to total all the time with clear titles, but the insurance co. started seeing cars that totalled before that they were totalling a second time LOL! So they started issueing salvage titles on a lot more vehicles etc... But just cause it totals doesn't mean it will come with a salvage title at all. Some times when cars are in bad shape they will send one to auction with a clean title as an incentive to bring better money depending on how bad the repairs are on the car etc...
Old 07-25-2011 | 11:05 AM
Launching!

I work at a law firm handling Property Damage claims for the past 10 years so I'm very confident in telling you it was totaled, but did not have a salvage title issued. I will try to find a letter that I had State Farm give me specifically stating that it would not have a salvage title issued.

For reference, this is another vehicle I owned that was totaled (lost 2 badass cars in 1 year):
http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?/...page__hl__ctsv

Here is a pic after a good friend's brother bought it and fixed everything:
http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?/...65#entry405065

In my opinion, the damage on the C5 is less than what the Caddy had. Pics have been sent to everyone who requested them.

Sorry to clog your WTB thread, ttt for ya!
Old 07-27-2011 | 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

I pick up cans on the side of the road for a living.. i also stayed in a Super 8 last night so i know that Jeff is right..