Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

2001 SS Camaro (For Sale) - $5,500 OBO *NEEDS LONGBLOCK*

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 SS Camaro (For Sale) - $5,500 OBO *NEEDS LONGBLOCK*

Hey guys,

Long time no see/talk/type... . Anyhow, I picked up this little project in late 2012 with full intention to finish it up as I usually do with my projects. As my small business progressed and continues to progress, I've decided to cut the strings on it as finding the time to complete it will not be realistic at this point (especially with our 2nd son who was born in late March). If interested, take a look below at the specifics...

Make/Model - 2001 SS Camaro (True SLP Car - One Owner)

Mileage - 99,000 Miles (Possibly less but I'd need to put a battery in it to check the odometer. I can assure it has no more than 99,000 which is why this number was used.)

Price - $5,500 OBO (Or best offer)

Condition - The car, despite being filthy is in remarkable shape. When fully detailed and completed with no paint or body work required, it could easily achieve a 8/9 out of 10 rating for overall appearance and cleanliness. Being single owner, it has not been mangled or messed with at all other than some moderate modifications when can be seen below. The car is currently in need of a longblock (current motor is in the car). The motor lost compression on cylinder 7 and has an assumed fractured ring land. The easiest way to complete this car would be to get a stock longblock. The car has the original 6 speed transmission with what is assumed to be the original clutch kit as well. The valve cover was removed from the driver side for initial checking of the rockers and is off at this time, the car has been covered for the majority of it's ownership with me. The shadows may cast some unusual looking paint work on things like the passenger mirror but this is merely the shadows making it look funny. The paint is in great shape. The fuel pump on the car is bad as well due the time it has been down and it was verified with a fuel pressure gauge to not being producing any fuel at the rails. The interior is in good shape with some minor wear observed on the driver's seat. The dash is incredibly clean with no cracks either.

Modifications - Polished TT2's (17x9 on all 4's I believe) with tires of 90% treadlife or higher. Drop Springs to lower the ride height. SLP Dual/Dual exhaust (original). SLP Air Lid. I was told the PCM has been tuned for the car. Sub frame connectors are welded in place on sub frames. Hurst shifter with custom ****. Shift light is installed as seen in the picture.

Extra Information
- The door panel is removed on the drivers side but all components are in the car for it. There do not appear to be any t-top covers.

Contact Information
- If interested, it's best to just contact me via cell at 979.255.7764 (call or text). Due to time constraints it is preferred to pick up the car on location in Caldwell, Texas although I'd be ok with transporting it anywhere in the Burleson/Brazos County areas.

Pictures

Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Launching!

sent you a text
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

bump...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club