Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

FS 2006 GTO M6 - 66k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013 | 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default FS 2006 GTO M6 - 66k Miles

I am posting up my 2006 Pontiac GTO . I have had a few surprises come up, and I am stretched out pretty thin financially to the point of being uncomfortable, so the car will be the first thing to go. Looking to downsize to get some cash in my pocket, and have some cheaper insurance.

Anyway, the car is an M6. It has about 66k miles on the clock. It has silver paint, and black interior. The car has an SLP catback, and a K&N intake, and is otherwise stock. The tires are in great condition with less than 10k miles on them. I replaced the radiator, and plugs/wires not too long ago. The paint is not in great condition, but the interior looks great.

The negatives with this car include:
- Recently the rear end developed a little bit of a shake under 10mph under a medium load. I have not looked into this, but I am assuming that it is starting to loosen up a bit.
- The big issue with the car is the paint. I am used to having pretty clean cars, but I got the car at a good price and planned on taking care of it. But, I started going back to school, and lost the time and interest to screw around with it, so it’s something I just never took care of. The issues start at the front bumper. The first owner of the car hit a box going down the freeway, and damaged the lower lip of the bumper. It also got knocked a bit out of alignment. There are also some rock chips on the bumper and hood from highway driving. The car has some door dings as well. The previous owner decided he was going to remove a dealer badge off the car, and didn’t know what he was doing and screwed up the paint on the trunk lid.
- The only issues with the interior are faded floor mats (one having some water damage from something getting on it in storage), the bubbling on the steering wheel accents (I don’t know of a GTO that does not suffer from this), and a couple of scrapes in the passenger seat from someone sitting on their keys. The scrapes in the passenger seat did not go through the leather. Everything else in the interior is in great condition. The carpet, dash, door panels, etc. are all in great condition.

Wow, I made that negative list look really long. I just want to make sure any potential buyer knows that I am not hiding anything. This car would make a great daily driver for someone. At my asking price, someone could really build some equity into this car if they wanted to fix it up. The car is not in excellent condition, but it is in fair condition at a more than fair price. I am asking $13.5k.

You can reach me by PM, or call/text me at two 81 - two 2 one - zero 2 8 nine.

Last edited by Juicy J; 06-25-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Removing brake issues which have been fixed.
Old 06-25-2013 | 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am getting a lot of interest, and I have a lot of people offering me trades. I just wanted to clear this up. I MAY consider a trade. The car being traded should not be worth more than $6k. I need to put some cash in my pocket, so doing a straight up trade isn't going to work for me. I am really wanting a Ford Ranger, or Mazda B series pick up.

By the way, if I can get out of work early enough I will be getting a new inspection sticker today. The current sticker expired this month.
Old 06-25-2013 | 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Took care of the brakes today. Will take care of the registration tomorrow. Also, I took a bunch of pictures of the car today at a potential buyer's request. You can check out the album here: http://s820.photobucket.com/user/Jui...?sort=3&page=1

Here are a few pictures of it out in the sun.

Old 07-08-2013 | 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To the top. I put selling it on the back burner due to moving, but I am settled in now.
Old 07-16-2013 | 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump. Had a sale pending, and the guy's finances fell through.

I am not sure why all of my bites are coming off of Craigslist and I am not getting anything off of Tech. I definitely don't think I have this thing priced too high.

Quick Reply: FS 2006 GTO M6 - 66k Miles