1979 Toyota pickup short wheel base 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013 | 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Default 1979 Toyota pickup short wheel base 4wd

1979 Toyota Pickup
4-speed
4wd(4x4) works great no problems
79k-ish miles (not sure of exact mileage right off the top of my head)

Pro: The truck for its age is in GREAT shape, not mint nor perfect but non the less in great shape for its age. Straight body no major rust, no major dents or dings. NEW starter, NEW WEBER CARB.

Cons: Does need some electrical attention to the front headlights and turn signals, the previous owner jerry rigged some stuff and i just havent found the time to fix since i purchased the truck.

I do have a W56 (top shift, not sure if its a W56 A, B or C, came out of a 88 4runner) 5speed WITH transfer case ready to be swapped in. All you need from my understanding to finish the swap is a shortened rear drive shaft, it has the front with it.

I repeat absolutely nothing is wrong with the drive line that is in it right now, its just i wanted an extra gear more suitable for driving around town.

832-403-1805 Please text first before calling as i might be in a class or somewhere, where i cant answer the phone.

Price is 4500 OBO no legitimate best offer will be turned down. You can look around craigslist all day for another truck this clean and you most likely wont find it.

Attachment 726427
Attachment 726428
Attachment 726429
Attachment 726430
Attachment 726431
Attachment 726432
Attachment 726433
Old 12-16-2013 | 05:54 PM
On The Tree

ok lil update. I just went out and started it and remembered some extra stuff

Along with the headlights and blinkers not working, the tach doesnt work either. The oil light is on (comes on sometimes and stays off sometimes), and the oil pressure gauge thats hooked up (aftermarket) sometimes shows 50ish psi, sometimes it shows nothing.

Ive checked the oil there is no sign of anything internal going on with the motor, no sparkles in the oil nor anything. Ive drove it around crosby multiple times and its always been a fun lil truck

But like i said, when i post something online, i try to be as up front and honest as possible. Ive sold a metric ton of stuff online and you can find my username ANYWHERE. So im def NOT trying to get anything over on anyone

Quick Reply: 1979 Toyota pickup short wheel base 4wd