Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

Fs/ft Patriot Performance CNC Ported Stage II heads

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016 | 02:48 PM
Teching In

Guy came saw them he didn't want them that's it. it's fine had good known machine shop here tell me heads are good I would use them but now need to funds to get my car bak up on the road .I'm sure I can sell them
Old 11-29-2016 | 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

You said you might be able to ship, so what I'm saying is if they'd have shown up to my door looking like that, I'd be pissed. I had this happen to me before and it's not cool.
Old 11-29-2016 | 03:12 PM
Teching In

I said I might but wasnt tryn to prefer local pik up ..
Old 11-29-2016 | 03:20 PM
Teching In

But like I said I had the heads checked at a local machine shop resufaced n gone thru they told me heads are good n ready to slap on heads still for sale n really prefer local pik up not looking to ship so dnt ask
Old 11-29-2016 | 04:18 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Those heads have NOT Been resurfaced. lo, they look like they were hit with a wire wheel... Stop the bullshit man, You wasted my customers time, and money because you didn't post up the damage. sorry
Old 11-29-2016 | 05:08 PM
Teching In

It's funny how people on here that dnt kno **** are all of a sudden experts n kno everything.. I'm guessn machine shops now n days use wire brush to resurface heads lol it's koo man keep the B's comment to ur self u act like u seen the damn heads in Person....stop jacking up my thread n move around with that **** ..
Old 11-29-2016 | 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

inb4 banhammer
Old 11-30-2016 | 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Everyone here knows what they are talking about it except you man. It doesn't take an expert to tell you those heads have some big problems. That surface and the damage to the chamber is not acceptable and anyone that bought them would have the right to be pissed about it. If you can't tell how shitty of a surface that is you have no business working on cars on any level.

If a machine shop told you that was fine you need to find a new machine shop.

So that you know i've been a tech for almost 20 years and I have been to machine shops and had parts machined A LOT in those years. I've surfaced many heads and blocks myself while swapping heads.

Anytime you sell something you should take pictures of any suspect areas, you know you wouldn't like it if you were going to buy something and it was damaged and the person didn't tell you.

And there's more than detonation going on, something came apart and put those marks in the head, look at the rectangle shapes and the big gouge near them. Make for some nice hot spots to create pre ignition.

That surface won't seal to a gasket either.
Old 11-30-2016 | 01:49 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Everyone here knows what they are talking about it except you man. It doesn't take an expert to tell you those heads have some big problems. That surface and the damage to the chamber is not acceptable and anyone that bought them would have the right to be pissed about it. If you can't tell how shitty of a surface that is you have no business working on cars on any level.

If a machine shop told you that was fine you need to find a new machine shop.

So that you know i've been a tech for almost 20 years and I have been to machine shops and had parts machined A LOT in those years. I've surfaced many heads and blocks myself while swapping heads.

Anytime you sell something you should take pictures of any suspect areas, you know you wouldn't like it if you were going to buy something and it was damaged and the person didn't tell you.

And there's more than detonation going on, something came apart and put those marks in the head, look at the rectangle shapes and the big gouge near them. Make for some nice hot spots to create pre ignition.

That surface won't seal to a gasket either.
Thank You
Old 11-30-2016 | 09:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1sickls1
It's funny how people on here that dnt kno **** are all of a sudden experts n kno everything.. I'm guessn machine shops now n days use wire brush to resurface heads lol it's koo man keep the B's comment to ur self u act like u seen the damn heads in Person....stop jacking up my thread n move around with that **** ..
If someone charged you to surface those heads you got ripped off AND lied to if they told you those heads are fine.

Originally Posted by Mavn
Thank You
No prob man. Glad you didn't get burned.

1sickls1 take them to a proper machine shop and ask them how much to surface the heads properly and repair the chamber. I don't know what it'll cost but I would guess $500 or so, easy. IF the surfaces aren't too far gone already that is.
Old 12-01-2016 | 02:28 PM
Teching In

Yeah I am gona do that n the repost them after I also contact the guy I originally got them from n he keeps telln me thier good.mavn I wasn't tryn to rip or burn anyone off I'm not like that but yeah I am gona gona go ahead n take them to another shop n get an estimate on howuch tonfix that part so I'm jst gona keep them if ima spend more money on them n find another motor to slap them on
Old 12-01-2016 | 05:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I am gona do that n the repost them after I also contact the guy I originally got them from n he keeps telln me thier good.mavn I wasn't tryn to rip or burn anyone off I'm not like that but yeah I am gona gona go ahead n take them to another shop n get an estimate on howuch tonfix that part so I'm jst gona keep them if ima spend more money on them n find another motor to slap them on
Sounds like the original seller screwed you then. See if you can get your money back, unless you got them real cheap then fix em and sell or use them like you said.
Old 12-01-2016 | 06:43 PM
Teching In

I sent him a message again today n he didn't get bak to me he probably trying to avoid me I let him kno wat was goin on yesterday with the heads n the issue I had wen I was trying to sell the heads that he told me wer good n he kept telling me no thier good but I'll try agian later
Old 12-08-2016 | 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I sent him a message again today n he didn't get bak to me he probably trying to avoid me I let him kno wat was goin on yesterday with the heads n the issue I had wen I was trying to sell the heads that he told me wer good n he kept telling me no thier good but I'll try agian later
You'll probably never hear from him. He got you and he knows it.

Quick Reply: Fs/ft Patriot Performance CNC Ported Stage II heads