Lonestar Muscle goes to K-dale OCT 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just to let you know our member 00 freak (Joe) just got back from oversea's. Look forward to having him around and its about time he gets to see what we do at LSM.

Good to have you back Joe!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I don't like the track halfway down to bumpy but oddly kinda fun. The prep can be good at times or if you happen to be behind a diesel they just tear the track at the line up or people drive through the water alot on street tires. But all in all k-dale and northstar are about the same to me. They both have good qualities and bad qualities
I just seem to run faster at nortstar.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

I agree with you Clinton, the trucks that are 2500 and up with mud tires seem to tear the staging lane apart. Although I have a blast watching a pair of them go at it. But for the most part my fastest time was out at K-dale which was a 8.4 and a 8.5 at northstar. Oddly enough my fastest times were the first runs at each occasion.

All this with headers and a lid. Now for some suspension work. If Shannon would quit selling all his stuff out from under me I would have a complete setup lol, J/K

The Aura of Bad *** is glowing brightly for me right now. It will shine me the way to victory tomorrow.

Another great LSM day
Old 10-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Launching!

sundays are ******* nasty, i was there at 6.30 this past week and only found a parking sport past the lights, very sad seeing so many idiots out there that shouldnt be,
i mean why the hell do they let so many people stand near the burnouts thats just an accident waiting to happen
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ramairracer
Count me in too, i went to yalls meet at the muffler shop like a month ago for a few minutes (red ta cammin) but ill be there with built 408, we work together
firehawkzach please take my spring compressor if you still got it thanks
I have the spring compressor but my wife had surgery today so I probably wont make it tomorrow night I'll bring it up to the shop.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

updated list, its almost here so I will see you guys tomorrow
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stylezunknown
hahah kdale is like that "HEMI" you speak of. im gonna have to n/t because im embarrassed of my cam only times though.
that's my Hemi
Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
I don't like the track halfway down to bumpy but oddly kinda fun. The prep can be good at times or if you happen to be behind a diesel they just tear the track at the line up or people drive through the water alot on street tires. But all in all k-dale and northstar are about the same to me. They both have good qualities and bad qualities
I just seem to run faster at nortstar.
Part of the problem that I saw was their guy spraying the water all the way across the track width so you can't really go around it.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanM02
Wednesdays are bad *** there. I would say I have had the most runs there period. I have not been there on sundays for the pure reason of the zoo. Honestly Wednesdays seem to be the best.
i coudlnt believe it how they just let so many people in the burnout area. it should be no one buy the drivers and their immediate crew. i felt like i was at some underground **** fighting arena.

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
people drive through the water alot on street tires.
last i checked, there is no way to get around the water at kdale

Originally Posted by ramairracer
sundays are ******* nasty, i was there at 6.30 this past week and only found a parking sport past the lights, very sad seeing so many idiots out there that shouldnt be,
i mean why the hell do they let so many people stand near the burnouts thats just an accident waiting to happen
i had steam coming from my ears on sunday. people were leaning on my car and ****. and that place is so poorly managed. 1/8th mi is only half the damn race, and there were so few cars there, but it took a good 30-45 minutes between my runs. there was absolutley no order in how thye were doing anything.

at least they have a time slip booth on the return road now.

i got problems with that track, but as i'm knock knock knockin' on 7's door, i'll try to come out if it doesnt rain.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

I have updated the list and Matt is will be good to see you again. See you all out there.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
how are wednesdays there lately? i went on sunday (first time at k-dale in like 2 years) and it was an absolute zoo
yeah, kdale on sundays blows! Kdale in general blows, but we are kinda limited on choices
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

ol' Aaron. How you doing bud? You gonna make it out to see the show. By the way guys I just checked the weather and we should be good to go. It rained some this morning but the radar looks clear for K-Dale area.

I am not a weather man and nature can change its course, but I feel the Aura today guys and that means another great LSM day.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Possible rain booo!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RyanM02
ol' Aaron. How you doing bud? You gonna make it out to see the show. By the way guys I just checked the weather and we should be good to go. It rained some this morning but the radar looks clear for K-Dale area.

I am not a weather man and nature can change its course, but I feel the Aura today guys and that means another great LSM day.
Probably not gonna go... Oil cooler is still leaking although I did replace my intercooler pump yesterday (finally)... Anyways, I might decide to replace the oil cooler when I get home, not sure yet... it also depends if this girl calls me back
Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan03mach
That's no ****. I guess some people were just born with the driver mod and some weren't. Just so you know Andrew drug your *** last night hahahhaha
I know... I sat at the tree trying to figure out why the pro tree never went off...Then hit the rev limiter on every shift... Hence why I need alot of practice....
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
I know... I sat at the tree trying to figure out why the pro tree never went off...Then hit the rev limiter on every shift... Hence why I need alot of practice....
try setting your shift light for 200-300 rpms below your desired shift point to compensate for your reaction time to the light. i set mine to 6000 for a 6200rpm shift

Originally Posted by 99problemz
Possible rain booo!
just checked weather.com... rain chance is up to 50% for after 5pm. kinda risky to get caught in the rain with drag radials...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
try setting your shift light for 200-300 rpms below your desired shift point to compensate for your reaction time to the light. i set mine to 6000 for a 6200rpm shift

just checked weather.com... rain chance is up to 50% for after 5pm. kinda risky to get caught in the rain with drag radials...
It aleady is... I just got confused at the line...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by AaronK
yeah, kdale on sundays blows! Kdale in general blows, but we are kinda limited on choices
What are you talking about? Sudays are the ****. Now if you get there early you can run as much as you want, later on that night they mainly run the big cars and do the money races and there is always some entertainment on the starting line. Hell I usually make some pretty good money out there on Sundays... Don't be scared of all the brotha's out there. hahhaaha
Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Yeah count me out for sure. I'm going to be taking care of the wife for a while she is in alot of pain and needs my help with everything. Hope you guys don't get rained out.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dan03mach
What are you talking about? Sudays are the ****. Now if you get there early you can run as much as you want, later on that night they mainly run the big cars and do the money races and there is always some entertainment on the starting line. Hell I usually make some pretty good money out there on Sundays... Don't be scared of all the brotha's out there. hahhaaha
Scared is not the word… why would I put myself around so much ignorance? People are not safe out there at all and kdale does absolutely nothing to regulate the stupidity of most of the people there. I’m not scared, it’s just not fun to me. I go out there to race and to support my friends when they race.