Pavlock Performance- Professional Tail light Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Damn, I did my own VHT on my tail lights... I have to admit that these look way better...
We can help you with that. I have fixed plenty of tail lights with that VHT stuff on them.

Tyler
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tyler @ Pavlock
We can help you with that. I have fixed plenty of tail lights with that VHT stuff on them.

Tyler
Haha ... I like the look of mine, but I want to know what you spray it with to get that reflective coat.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Haha ... I like the look of mine, but I want to know what you spray it with to get that reflective coat.

I do not use VHT. I spray my lights with paint that goes on your car. Your car gets a reflective coat from its clear coat. That is what I use to tint my lights. It is a 2 stage process, one for tint and the other for clear.

It will outlast the paint on your car, and ALOT longer than that CHEAP VHT SPRAY CAN SH*T

Tyler
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got my lights back.. They look good but I think one of the tail lights got damaged during shipping. The top portion of the back tail light (non lense area) got completely cracked. This part is visible when I open my rear hatch. Dang it..! Also, the package appeared to be half way open and the tape looks like it was removed at some point during shipping.

However, like I said, the lense portions look great.. I'm happy with your final finished product.

I'm pretty happy and a little upset at the same time.. LOL.

Last edited by officermartinez; 03-31-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Damn that sucks man, was there any insurance on it?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Damn that sucks man, was there any insurance on it?
You know it.. I insured the lights up to $400! Tyler actually did (2) sets of lights for me.. I figured that if I got a cracked light, I can actually replace it with my "back up" set.. However, I only sent ONE set of tail lights. I had plans to purchase a second set soon (for a back up set of tail lights). I'm gonna call UPS in the morning and see what they want me to do..
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am sad.. Here is a pic of the beautiful job that Tyler did that ended up damaged during shipping:

Old 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Tyler.. I will be sending a "replacement" tail light soon (hopefully this Friday). What will you charge me to do ONLY the drivers side tail light for my 95 T/A (checkered style tail light)? Do you need me to send the other tail light (passenger side) to make sure they match?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK.. I was approved under the UPS insurance thing.. I purchased another light and sent it to you (Tyler), this past Friday.. It's supposed to arrive sometime today. Can't wait! Woohoo!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Tyler, you did all of my lights for me. For the most part I am pleased but I did text you and informed you that you orange peeled one of them pretty bad....you said it was an aftermarket light but I dont really know what you meant by that since the other one came out just fine. I also told you that you got dust or some kind of debri in the other two but you never responded back. Bryan at Pavlock Performance, you know him well, also noted the problems but of course I couldnt hold him responsible.
Might you be willing to repair your mistake and make this good?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default It might be a long shot but

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Tyler, you did all of my lights for me. For the most part I am pleased but I did text you and informed you that you orange peeled one of them pretty bad....you said it was an aftermarket light but I dont really know what you meant by that since the other one came out just fine. I also told you that you got dust or some kind of debri in the other two but you never responded back. Bryan at Pavlock Performance, you know him well, also noted the problems but of course I couldnt hold him responsible.
Might you be willing to repair your mistake and make this good?
Im guessing thats why hes not in business any longer....he knows of my problem in a couple of forums and we talked via text.....he suddenly quit answering when he realized I didnt want him to do my XLR but wanted him to make good on some crap *** work.

Live and learn
Old 09-13-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahahahaa... This didnt turn out so well did it!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry your unhappy Jerry.. As you know Tyler has his own business doing the tinting and other sales and installs.. This just so happens to be an old thread with my company still attached to it.. This should be something that's easy to address and sorry he didn't.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Default No sweat

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance
Sorry your unhappy Jerry.. As you know Tyler has his own business doing the tinting and other sales and installs.. This just so happens to be an old thread with my company still attached to it.. This should be something that's easy to address and sorry he didn't.
Hell I even forgot about the worst part....Bryans apologizing for not only something he didnt do BUT he picked up the tab for the nuts that hold the side rear markers in place....Tyler half assed the job and just placed the lights in the hole so when Bryan loads my car up to deliver.....they are danglin in the wind. Bryan purchased new nuts and mailed em to me.
I appreciate Bryan for being a stand up guy for someone elses mistake...he def didnt have to do that.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

so I'm guessing based on the last two replies you no longer do tail light tinting? I had mine on my cts-v tinted with a film, but do not know if it's possible to get it done right with all the angles on the lights. Looking for a place to spray em, but not too dark... suggestions?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

looks great bro!!!

got any pics of these light done on a black camaro (4th gen)
Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM

I sent a customer over to your shop and he said that he thought you guy's were out of business. He called and left a message but no return call.

What's going on fella's?? Bryan??
Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pavlock rocks.. but Tyler, I believe, ran into some "snags".. That's pretty much all I can say about that. I sent Tyler my tail lights last year and when I got them back, they were packaged poorly. As a result, one of my tail lights ended up damaged. So, I had to go onto ebay, find another matching tail light. Bid on it. Lost the first bid.. found another one on a separate bid. Won it. Called UPS on my claim because I had my tail lights insured. Got the "ebay light" in and sent it back to Tyler. I had to wait about 4 weeks before UPS reimbursed me while I waited on Tyler to re-coat the ebay light for me. I waited about 4 months or so before I cornered Tyler and basically said.. "what the heck bro".. its been WAY long enough. I told him that I was going to file charges against him if I didn't get my tail light back. Miraculously, it showed up about 4 days later in mint condition.. tinted and all.

So, I think Pavlock has really done an outstanding job but Tyler, I think, had a good "work product" with a poor "work ethic". I firmly believe that if Tyler ever put his mind to it and got back on track, that guy could make some serious bux, once he EARNED his good reputation back.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Thanks for calling Bryan.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

So NO one in Houston does this? WTF? I wish I had painting skillz lol

Quick Reply: Pavlock Performance- Professional Tail light Tinting