Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Who is in for the cruise?????
Me (G8 this time), my bro in his GTO, and my dad in his CTS-V for sure. May get a couple of other guys to come out...still working on them. One has a civic and the other two have real cool celica's with TALL wings.

Just kidding...about the ricers that is.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to try my hardest to be there. I've got engagement pics the same day and they're at 10a.m. If for some reason something changes, I'll be there. Still might be there after the photo session depending on what time we're done.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/sho...=1#post1163090

I'm not sure what to say...
Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
I'm banned from there so could you copy and paste the thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I'm banned from there so could you copy and paste the thread.
First, I understand that I have not really got back on RKC since my return from Minnesota. I have some important business to take care of offline, so I will be sitting down and responding to the 40+ PM’s I have when I get some time. I understand the site has been running smoothly, and that’s to be expected with the great mod team we have here.

Ok, so I spent some time today with the camaro going over it with a porter cable and some tropi-care, and when I was done it looked really great (besides the mis-matched wheels) and I wanted to take it out tonight. I felt like going to somewhere new, just to see what else was going on, so I found the LS/M Thursday night gtg in Ft Worth, posted on DFWStangs. The meet is 65 miles away from my house. No problem. So I get in the SS, and I head over around 8pm. The meet starts at 8, so when I get there around 9, the meet is picking up steam.

I noticed online that it was being marketed as “Domestic Only” and this caught my attention because after all it has been a long time since I have seen any stipulations for a car meet like this. Of course, I have my choice of a Camaro SS or a Scion XB, so I of course choose the Camaro for this event, heh.

This group, LS/M. Where have I heard of these guys before? Oh yeah! I was there at their first meeting! Good group of guys, wants to do something cool, a “car club” which decided that they would let joining be free. Cool idea, truly. I know they have a big presence on LS1Tech and on Myspace, among other places. The only requirement to join the club, own a domestic vehicle with a V8.

So I told them months ago, I wanted to join. Why anot? Recently when all this mess went down with the votes, and people coming out of the wood-word to slander me etc, I got a message saying I had been removed from my membership to LS/M because they could not have people with my reputation in the club, etc. I protested, and got a very mature response from their leaders, but in the end decided to drop it, no hard feelings.

So right, the meet. Pretty cool idea, nice meet for domestics only in funky town. I arrive at the meet, and see nothing but camaros, gtos, and mustangs. At least 40. I pull in, get out, and am instantly aware of the fact that I know no-one. Hrm. Could be interesting.

I work my way around, and shake hands, introducing myself. Most of the people knew exactly who I was, some seemed surprised to see me there. Other’s could not wrap their heads around the fact I committed to a 140 mile round trip to be there. As I worked my way around, I could see a “main group” in the middle, that seemed to be talking about me, or at least very aware I was there, but made no efforts to say hello, or talk to me in any way. The parking lot was full of domestics, and about 5 different “circles” of people talking to each other. The biggest being the one that was ignoring me.

From a distance, I saw 3 import owners come in. None of them were anything out-standing, but none of them were ricers. These were just your run of the mill, every-day import enthusiasts. Here is where it gets interesting.

I see the main guy in the LS/M shirt say “lets go” and a crowd of 50+ people go to these guys, surround them, and in more or less words say “Domestics only, your not welcome here, get lost”. I could not believe it. These guys just totally used a gang mentality to over-whelm these guys. And I found out why.

A while back, everyone met in peace at the Hooters in nearby Benbrook. The meet was ruined by ricers, who also happened to be imports, who were apparently racing, drifting, burning out, and doing all the worst things you can imagine. The meet had trouble with the cops, and the LS/M crew who attended the meet as a group, decided to take the opportunity to create a “All Domestic” meet a few miles away at the Fudruckers, and what the heck, lets just make it a LS/M meet as well and recruit members. Good idea.

A great idea, in theory. However, what bothered me was that these kids with the imports, they were literally just standing there. No music, no revving, no nothing. Just hanging out like any of us would be. And I just saw them get surrounded and asked to leave. Why?

After the mass group left the import owners, I walked over to ask what happened. They recognized me and said my name as I walked up. They told me what the guys had said to them, and I could not believe it. They were feeling really uncomfortable, and were going to leave. I reminded them that they should leave and enter the parking lot maturely, but said in my opinion, they should not have to leave if they are not acting wrong.

Import after import rolled into the meet. Each one, greeted with the same message, sometimes yelled “YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE! DOMESTICS ONLY!”.

Listen, I am all for celebrating a make and model, and even a type of car, but this is quite frankly the worst way to handle any enthusiast, much less a young one.

What the LS/M guys did not realize, is every import they turn away, draws a segregation line deeper in the sand. And what the LS/M guys also don’t seem to realize, is that not all import owners are ricers, nor are you immune from becoming a ricer with a domestic vehicle.

It is very much in the best interest of our hobby to organize meets as “Enthusiasts Only, No Ricers Allowed!” rather than “Domestics only, no Imports allowed!”. Worse, as the meet went on, eventually many domestic owners left, and their numbers became the same as the import owners. Eventually, no words were spoken to the import owners that came, and they numbered the same amount of cars as the domestic owners. Only problem, is as the new ones came in, the ones that had been yelled at made sure to mention what happened to them to the other import owners.

And thus, the deep hate between the two factions of owners is increased. The tension building. I heard one import owner say “Wait till next week! Tell me to leave? **** them! I am bringing everyone! Tell us all to leave!”. And that’s the kind of attitude you can expect when you are profiled and stereotyped for nothing more than the make and model of your car. And I promise you, despite the best efforts of LS/M, these guys are now on a mission to be apart of the car meet. If the LS/M crew does not find a way to make peace and control their actions in a respectful way, the meet will surely be shut down due to conflict, police reports, drama, etc.

And please understand, I would know. I have done more car meets than anyone in this area.

It didn’t help when the LS/M leader (so I can assume) seemed to shun me when I walked up. I walked to the group to shake hands and say hello, no hands were extended. I saw the guy in the LS/M shirt look at a friend after looking at me and say “Oh well, it’s a free country”. Later I walked to the same group, and a heavy set guy with a hat said very rudely “Can I help you?”. I said, I am just seeing whats going on. He said “Nothing you need to worry about get lost”. I said “What the hell is your problem dude?” he says “I am not a fan of yours” and I say “Well I am not a ******* fan of yours either! Whats your point? If we have a problem dude lets handle it…”. And he turns his back on me. I walked away.

And then I see a few (I am very bad recognizing people) DFWStangs members who were talking all kinds of smack about me in the last few weeks. So funny, none of them had anything to say to me in person tonight. People sure do have a big mouth when its only online.

I met a lot of cool people tonight, and I do understand and support LS/M’s effort to do a club meet for domestic owners. However, when a import does come in, you must talk to this person as an equal, not as someone you look down on. I promise, if what I saw tonight happens for much longer, there will be a conflict. I saw one import owner showing off his 10,000v tazer to his friends. I admit, t hats very bad, but domestic owners can be just as immature and dangerous. I say, segregate a meet based on the behavior of the car owners, not the make and model.

The truth is, LS/M people hate rice just as much as I do, as we all do. However, their method is to just kick out all import owners, not realizing that domestic owners (camaros and mustangs more than any) can be the worst ricers of all. You simply cannot predict a owners actions based on a cars make and model.

However, in the end, I was just a guest. I was not treated well by all, but most I met were very nice, laid back, and happy to talk about cars. It was a good time, and I hope that the adjustments are made in peoples attitudes to ensure that this meet reminds safe and ongoing for a while to come.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Posted by Jared, then people saying that we shouldn't of kicked out the timports, then others saying that they were going to show to see if they are asked to leave. so yeah
Old 11-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Its not that it was a bad meet, it wasnt. And its not like everyone was like this, they werent. When the leader of the meet led, they followed. I myself was guilty of similar actions 3-4 years ago when I was learning the ropes at car meets. And I made alot of enemys over that.

The fact is, that I understand that they are just trying to protect their meet from problems, its just the method being used is backwards. They instigated more than they realized, and based off of what I heard from the import owners last night, they plan to be back next week, to show they will not be told what to do. This can only end in trouble.

The time for imports in one lot and domestics in one lot has come and gone. This is not the 1990's anymore. Car enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. I say, judge a owner by his actions, not his engine displacement.

This was the realization I had with RKC years ago, and the exact reason I started the site. To join "Imports and Domestics against Rice". Because if you try to do it with just one type of car, you alienate everyone else, and segregation breeds jealousy, hate, and trouble.

I would continue to advertise the meet as a "LS/M Weekly Meeting" and then go on to explain that LS/M is a domestic only car-club. However, if and when import owners show up, simply treat them like anyone else, explain the rules to them (like anyone) and then hold them accountable to the rules (like anyone) should they break them.

What I saw last night was straight up car-racism. That kind of thing does not happen at any RKC meet, or really any of the meets I attend in Dallas by any site. It has literally been 4+ years since I have seen anyone do what I saw last night.

I am a strong supporter of ANY car meet, because that benefits car enthusiasts, to whom which I am a humble servant. But you must be careful when talking to people you dont know. I have made a living out of this kind of thing, so I have a nose for problems.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

If he had a clue he might actually realize something. You bring one in then 2 then you have a whole hurd of the pissed off bumble bees flying around. Then the exact some **** happens over at fudruckers as it did at hooters and the south Arlington meets that I started. If he likes imports so much he can keep them all over there where he is at, and if he doesn't like the way things are going well I say for him to keep his *** away from the LS/M meets then. The Meet is Lonestar Muscle Car Club meet is it not? So if he isn't a part of LS/M why should he even give a **** what we do or how we do it. Every car meet that I started when it was all domestic except for Amy always had a great turn out and no one caused trouble or did dumb stuff there. They only went to **** when all the imports started showing up trying to drift in the parking lots, and do burnouts, and then you get the idiots that think they are a bunch of bad asses out there, like the guys that got ran off by the FWPD last night. They are the ones that start messing things up. Just look at the way people act over there at the Pioneer meet in GP on Wednesday nights. That is nuts! Now look at what type of cars that are doing it, Imports. So to keep that from happening, we just don't want them around at all and since this is a LS/M car club meetting place and none of them are LS/M members I don't see why they would want to hang out with a bunch of people that didn't want them around. Is it that hard for the Import guys to go start there own meets or car clubs? or is it that they just want to hang out with the faster cars?

And if you could you can copy and paste that over there at RKC and tell him to unban my screen name and I'll tell him my self. But make sure you put Dan said this. So they won't ban you for no reason like they did me. They banned me because I voted for the other person and they didn't like it. lol

Last edited by dan03mach; 11-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AaronK
All right stewie, time for you and me to run. I really only have a chance with you on motor... If you don't want to run me off the bottle, I understand. That's what your car is built for.
From a dead stop he will destroy you...
Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I'm going to try my hardest to be there. I've got engagement pics the same day and they're at 10a.m. If for some reason something changes, I'll be there. Still might be there after the photo session depending on what time we're done.
Thats cool.

If anyone can't make the cruise, we'll be ending @ George's Muffler (Firehawzach's shop) off of James. You're more than welcome to meet up with us there.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 11-14-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Lmao....At Jared. That motherf*cker would just walk up to you and stare at the people in the conversation and then walk off. I'm sorry I can't stand a thief that guy should stay at home and do us all a favor cause I don't think anybody wants him around. And really lol at him acting tough on the interwebz by saying that no one would say **** to his face. Newsflash dipshit you're not worth the wasted air to talk too....
Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, Jared was there as a "guest" and yet he came to the group where I was at the time and the first thing out of his mouth after introducing himself was him talking smack about "the guy in the LSM shirt" and "the group in the center." Like coming to the meet of a club you were kicked from and then talking trash about a founding member to a group at the meet (who were all members and another founding member) isn't instigating trouble? Granted he doesn't know who is who, but still, how dumb and arrogant can you be?

Stupid high school drama and the immature twits that create it..........

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 11-14-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I agree with Dan these guys are a bunch of babies especially that guy jared he seemed like king douche bag to me. How great would it be to move to another location and make it a strict invite only LS/M meet on private property. I will offer my shop to the club as a meeting place anytime. I think it would be awesome to have these guys fired up all week about them coming next thursday and us not be there lol!!!!!! If they try to come to the meet after it is moved to the shop then I will ask them to leave and it is MY PROPERTY! I know I don't have hamburgers and cheese that comes out of a machine but I have a grill and a smoker and you can put your cars on the rack if you need to.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, if you had the cheese machine it would be a done deal.

We'll talk about it Saturday. We have members that drive in from Springtown that we need to consider and they'll be there. Granted, it would be a little closer for Adam.

Speaking of springs, anyone have a sunvisor they aren't using? I need the spring off of one so I can repair mine.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Granted, it would be a little closer for Adam.

Now we're talkin! lol
Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by firehawkzach
I agree with Dan these guys are a bunch of babies especially that guy jared he seemed like king douche bag to me. How great would it be to move to another location and make it a strict invite only LS/M meet on private property. I will offer my shop to the club as a meeting place anytime. I think it would be awesome to have these guys fired up all week about them coming next thursday and us not be there lol!!!!!! If they try to come to the meet after it is moved to the shop then I will ask them to leave and it is MY PROPERTY! I know I don't have hamburgers and cheese that comes out of a machine but I have a grill and a smoker and you can put your cars on the rack if you need to.

Just my two cents.
Where is your shop at? Moving the meet around is a pretty good Idea. I like how the hooters shut down after we all left. And how no one was at the Fudruckers the Thursday that we changed our meeting day to Wednesday. Just face it with out us there, there will not be a meet period. The domestic cars are the reason most of these meets get started and get as big as they do. Everyone always trys to be around the faster cars. And that is why all the Import cars always try to hang out at the meets where the domestic guys are at. I'm up for whatever so if you guys want to start messing with some people and changing locations every other week thats cool with me. it will keep the idiots away thats for sure.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Teching In

I'm not gonna go and run my mouth about someone(jared) that I don't know but what I will say is that he is a tool. He's such tool he is like comparing playskool tools to craftsman tools thats how much of a tool he is. Ill give the guy credit for throwing "badass" meets but it took him 4 years does he not realize that the LSM meet is only in its 3rd week that comparison goes back to the tool comparison. I should be at the cruise picked up the rearend but my grandpa has another car on his lift so it will be a couple of days before its in.I wouldn't mind meeting at the muffler shop heck we could all meet to eat first around 7 or so them cruise over there just a thought
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
I'm not gonna go and run my mouth about someone(jared) that I don't know but what I will say is that he is a tool. He's such tool he is like comparing playskool tools to craftsman tools thats how much of a tool he is. Ill give the guy credit for throwing "badass" meets but it took him 4 years does he not realize that the LSM meet is only in its 3rd week that comparison goes back to the tool comparison. I should be at the cruise picked up the rearend but my grandpa has another car on his lift so it will be a couple of days before its in.I wouldn't mind meeting at the muffler shop heck we could all meet to eat first around 7 or so them cruise over there just a thought
Not a bad Idea. But where is this muffler shop at? All I know it is going to be getting cold soon and not very many people will be coming out then. I still have a lot of work to do on my car. I have to order a munch of mandrel bends next week to finish the hot and cold sides. I thought Ray had enough 2 1/2 at the shop but he doesn't, so I need to get some 2 1/2 and 3 1/2" bends.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

**** Jared, hes gay and everything he does surrounded by gayness. Hes just at the meets because hes scared we will get bigger than him(thats not really possible though) and he wants to **** **** up for us. Go away tool bag, nobody likes you or wants you around, go hang out with your kind.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

I almost want to go back next week just to see what they come at us with. "car racism"? Really? There are plenty car clubs that have strict guidelines, so I see no problem with it.

I'm cool with Zach's shop too, but like Dan said, it's going to be cold soon. If we could meet inside possibly once it does I'd still show.

Quick Reply: Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!