Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should run pretty hard after all that.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Teching In

It should shouldnt it. Ive got so many plans just so little money. In do time it will run like it should.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

been thinking about planning a couple of things for us in the spring/summer months ahead...

1. wanting to get a nice little cruise going on some back roads. most likely around a lake or out to the country some where. find a place to chill take some pics maybe bbq or find a nice place to eat

2. when it gets warmer, around may or so, thought about having a BBQ out at my house. i have a decent size house where we can all hang out at. plenty of parking space on the street and plenty of backyard space with a decent BBQ grill. there is a field out behind my house where we can get a friendly football game going maybe even some baseball too.

just some thoughts for now. let me know if you guys are interested, so if we do decide to do either one of these or both, i can start planning out things

-John
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

just got back from the shop, i will no longer be having issues with my tires smacking the effing fenders! Kyle and I just rolled the fenders with a fancy tool, anyone else need it done lemme know
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuckaroooZ28
just got back from the shop, i will no longer be having issues with my tires smacking the effing fenders! Kyle and I just rolled the fenders with a fancy tool, anyone else need it done lemme know
I'm glad we could get that done. Those tires are too expensive to be torn up.

Aaron, my tires wouldn't give me any consistency out there. My last run was decent because I dropped the tire pressure a bit and finally got some heat in them. Besides that run, I was running the exact same times regardless of boost pressure. Those NT-01s just won't cut it for drag racing any more...

How has you car been running? I saw you called the other day but I have been absolutely slammed at the shop. I'll give you a call tomorrow to catch up.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firehawkzach
Not bad at all dude I'm jealous!!! I only wish I could cut a decent 60' so I could be in the 7's also. I'm running 88-89mph but my 60' is never below an 2.1 lol. Oh well. Did you ever get those brackets welded on??
what do you have for tires? the DR's is what did it for me. i went from 2.2's to 1.7-1.8

i havent got the brackets done yet. i'm still kicking myself in the *** for not ordering the rear with them already on. im also hesitant to cut up my bolt-in ones to weld them on... i might just get a set of weld-ins and use the bolt-ins on my 3rd gen.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by john.s
been thinking about planning a couple of things for us in the spring/summer months ahead...

1. wanting to get a nice little cruise going on some back roads. most likely around a lake or out to the country some where. find a place to chill take some pics maybe bbq or find a nice place to eat

2. when it gets warmer, around may or so, thought about having a BBQ out at my house. i have a decent size house where we can all hang out at. plenty of parking space on the street and plenty of backyard space with a decent BBQ grill. there is a field out behind my house where we can get a friendly football game going maybe even some baseball too.

just some thoughts for now. let me know if you guys are interested, so if we do decide to do either one of these or both, i can start planning out things

-John
Sounds cool, John. Seeing as how I drive the grocery getter, I can bring some food!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MisterTwo1214
I'm glad we could get that done. Those tires are too expensive to be torn up.

Aaron, my tires wouldn't give me any consistency out there. My last run was decent because I dropped the tire pressure a bit and finally got some heat in them. Besides that run, I was running the exact same times regardless of boost pressure. Those NT-01s just won't cut it for drag racing any more...

How has you car been running? I saw you called the other day but I have been absolutely slammed at the shop. I'll give you a call tomorrow to catch up.
You still ran a nice time considering your traction issue. I need to run you at the track so I can get another win against ol blue lol, seems like that's my only chance now. The car is running the same as it always has. I'm still on the fence of what setup I'm going with. No matter what I do, the motor is coming out VERY soon to get new pistons, rings, bearings, and valve job. Then who knows what I'm gonna do...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Teching In

-John
Damn, reading all that stuff about BBQ got me hungry lol. Sounds good though. When were you thinking about doing all of this?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Teching In

-John
Originally Posted by Cashed
Sounds cool, John. Seeing as how I drive the grocery getter, I can bring some food!
Yeah sounds good. Count me in. Im always down for grub and adult beverages. And Chad dont forget Shannon has a grocery getter also. Beside when are you gonna hit the track to see what that beast runs. Im curious
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

-John
sweet john you i gotta come down for that and u know me im always hungry so a BBQ is an awesome idea just let me know what day you want this on so i can ask off of work
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
Yeah sounds good. Count me in. Im always down for grub and adult beverages. And Chad dont forget Shannon has a grocery getter also. Beside when are you gonna hit the track to see what that beast runs. Im curious
I'm waiting for you to get your car dialed in so it will be a fair race. Yes, I just challenged you! I have 4000+ lbs of sedan with your name on it.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Teching In

I'm waiting for you to get your car dialed in so it will be a fair race. Yes, I just challenged you! I have 4000+ lbs of sedan with your name on it.

Thats cool. Nothing like getting challenged by a grocery getter. I took Shannons out I guess yours is next on the list. I can't seem to beat anybody else other then the grocery getters so I guess ill start at the bottom and work up. Considering yours is prob alittle faster then the TBSS.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Teching In

I am up for the challenge. I know that I have one thing fo' sho' on Shannon's TBSS...driver mod. LOL (Yes, Shannon, you have been officially drug into this.)

I really do want to run my car. Interested to see how it performs on a track. I know what it is capable of on the street...
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Teching In

I dont know shannons a pretty good driver....He can cut a good light at the track...ive seen a couple of .005s out him.

I think it should do good. Your not gonna time travel in it but mid to low 9's is what i was thinking...could be faster could be slower. We just nned to find out dont we
Old 01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

John, I'd totally be down for the BBQ. Also, we need to get started on the planning for the softball team if everyone is still interested. Chad...you better bring it if you're picking Clinton. I've never seen a G8 run at the track, but Clinton's car isn't "grocery getter" slow.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am up for the challenge. I know that I have one thing fo' sho' on Shannon's TBSS...driver mod. LOL (Yes, Shannon, you have been officially drug into this.)
Thats cool. I've got a red car with your name on it.

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
I dont know shannons a pretty good driver....He can cut a good light at the track...ive seen a couple of .005s out him.

I think it should do good. Your not gonna time travel in it but mid to low 9's is what i was thinking...could be faster could be slower. We just nned to find out dont we
I've cut some .000's too.

I would expect high 8's out of the G8. The TBSS is in the low 9's. Not bad for a short bus.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Yea I agree my car feels faster then the time says. Of course thats not saying much.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

John,

Like the ideas. Let me know if you need help and when you're ready to set a date just let me or Ryan know and we'll get it on the calendar.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Thats cool. I've got a red car with your name on it.

I've cut some .000's too.

I would expect high 8's out of the G8. The TBSS is in the low 9's. Not bad for a short bus.

You cant throw the SS into the mix thats just not fair.

Yeah the short bus is impressive there was one there sunday and it believe it was running mid 9's so your ahead of the game in that since.

Quick Reply: Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!