Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1rocker
whatever model he gets, i'm sure he'll put some sweet stacks on it
lol!!!!:d
Old 01-30-2009 | 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1rocker
whatever model he gets, i'm sure he'll put some sweet stacks on it
Thanks again Matt for the caliper. The other one is will be in and yours will be back on your car by tonight possibly.
Old 01-30-2009 | 11:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Thanks again Matt for the caliper. The other one is will be in and yours will be back on your car by tonight possibly.
Did you have to get a new one or can the other one be fixed?
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:16 PM
On The Tree

I found a remanufactured one. I'm not sure if the old one can be fixed, but I'd be willing to try.
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:29 PM
On The Tree

What was wrong with your old one?
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hj99Z
What was wrong with your old one?
Piece of sh*t locked up on me. I changed the brake pads yesterday and used a tool that compresses the pistons in a caliper without bleeding the brakes. Unfortunately, I didn't know you had to do both at the same time and compressed one at a time. This, in turn, locked my caliper up. Live and learn.
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:59 PM
On The Tree

I'm about to get a set of c5 z06 brakes if you need some old calipers
Old 01-30-2009 | 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Piece of sh*t locked up on me. I changed the brake pads yesterday and used a tool that compresses the pistons in a caliper without bleeding the brakes. Unfortunately, I didn't know you had to do both at the same time and compressed one at a time. This, in turn, locked my caliper up. Live and learn.
In my many years of working on brakes I have never had to compress both calipers or had to bleed the brakes when changing pads.

As for rebuilding the caliper, not worth the hassel IMO. Get a reman w/and trade the old one in as a core.
Old 01-30-2009 | 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
In my many years of working on brakes I have never had to compress both calipers or had to bleed the brakes when changing pads.

As for rebuilding the caliper, not worth the hassel IMO. Get a reman w/and trade the old one in as a core.
Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that I'm actually using mine as a core.
Old 01-30-2009 | 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed

I dont have as many years under my belt as you, Shannon, but I too have never had to compress both calipers at once and I've never had to bleed the brakes when changing brake pads.

Kelly, follow Shannon's advice...don't waste your time jacking with the old caliper.
Old 01-30-2009 | 02:22 PM
On The Tree

I just read what you guys are saying, but I'm not saying that both (driver and passenger) calipers had to be compressed....I'm saying the two pistons in the one caliper. I've gotten advice that I could've used my old brake pad and used the tool to compress both pistons at the same time. Since I didn't know that, I just used the tool on one piston at a time.
Old 01-30-2009 | 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Just in case some didnt get to read the email from NSD in Denton,

North Star Dragway

myspace.com/northstardragway
Date:
Jan 5, 2009 12:22 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [?] Subject:
NSD
Body:
Hey Zach, I just wanted to get back in touch with you about setting up some LS/M track days for '09. I know we briefly talked about it in November, but I wanted to see what you guys had in mind and let you know about a new program you may be interested in.

My idea is devote the 2nd Sunday each month for car club gatherings. This would serve as an alternative to leasing the entire facility, and allow car clubs to come out to the track, host their own get-togethers, hold individual car shows, and get some racing in as well. We will be opening the entire facility (track, snack bar, fuel station, etc.), but would only allow groups and/or car clubs to attend. This would mean that there would be like minded people at the track, shorter waiting times between runs, and large areas in the pits where groups could setup tents, tables, and banners.

Let me know what you think and if you might be interested in trying to set something up. I plan on starting the Sunday meets in Feb.

Also, can you reply to me at Nicduty@*****.com, I don't get on MS very much anymore.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009 | 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ i can't wait for my home track to be open again
Old 01-30-2009 | 03:32 PM
On The Tree

I can't wait for us to start getting deals at Kennedale like this. Northstar is an hour drive, but Kennedale is 5 mins.
Old 01-30-2009 | 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Kelly the good thing about NSD is its not YellowBelly 2009
Old 01-30-2009 | 04:16 PM
Teching In

lets get those deals for yellobelly
Old 01-30-2009 | 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RyanM02
Kelly the good thing about NSD is its not YellowBelly 2009
I finally went for my first time this Sunday since Yellowbelly closed, and it wasn't near as bad as everyone made it out to be. There were a few people betting, but I didn't see much of the people standing in the lanes and stuff. It may have been b/c it was so cold though.

Originally Posted by stylezunknown
lets get those deals for yellobelly
Yea...and if someone crashes, we can just throw them in the back of a truck and haul them to the hospital.
Old 01-30-2009 | 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Okay guys, I've been doing some searching, during class of course, for some possible areas where we could have our softball team play. There's a league that plays at Gateway park in Fort Worth. Here's Gateway's location. I'm assuming we're going to be doing an E recreation and that allows us to pick any day of the week other than Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If we want to play Men's D Rec, we can only play on Tues/Thurs. If a majority of our guys have at least a little "experience", we could compete in D. The cost per team is $365, and if we have at least 13 guys, it would cost $30 a piece. That's not including shirts, but those shouldn't be too much. If we have more guys, like 15, it's only $25. This would mean less playing time for everyone, but cheaper. I'm a busy mother with school right now, but if no one else wants to take charge of this, I'll collect the money and take care of our registration. Our deadline is the 27th of Feb. and our first game would be 3/16/09. Here's the parks website: Gateway Park. I'm going to keep looking for other locations to have the team, and I'll keep you guys posted.
i say we get this underway as soon as possible cause i really want to play
Old 01-30-2009 | 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just read what you guys are saying, but I'm not saying that both (driver and passenger) calipers had to be compressed....I'm saying the two pistons in the one caliper. I've gotten advice that I could've used my old brake pad and used the tool to compress both pistons at the same time. Since I didn't know that, I just used the tool on one piston at a time.

I could see where that would cause problems.

Personally, I've always used a C-clamp and the old pad to push them down. Cheap and effective.

Let me know if you need some help.
Old 01-30-2009 | 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Attn: Guys Interested In LSM Softball Team

I have posted a poll out in the Texas Section b/c I can't post one in our thread. If you are interested in playing I would like for you to vote on a location. Even if you don't care which one is chosen, at least chose one and leave a message of what you picked. If you don't leave a message, I will think you're a random, non-LSM person and your vote will be disregarded. Here's the link: LSM SOFTBALL

I need to get this info as soon as possible, b/c we have deadlines to meet. Thanks guys.

Also, be thinking of team names that we can vote on at our next meet if that's cool with Zach.........or Ryan.

Quick Reply: Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!