Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AaronK
I promise you that whatever I run in the 1/8 Joshs car can run the same. But by the time his is back together, his will be in the low 6s at least.

hey hey easy now... dont build me up for a big *** fall lol. i hope to be able to get there, but its gonna take an act of god to get there!!
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slwbra
yea i know you were full weight, thats why i stressed andrew when i said that. you went a 7.37 which is the fastest tha I saw. a loss is a loss, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile!! lol
I wish I would of took weight out and put some suspension on back then, I would of hit 6.90's but oh well now I got a car that goes as fast as yall push it when i get in it and make rev sounds hahahahaha
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=AaronK;11034546]Ok, find one. Track or street. Dig or roll. Not saying I can beat every cam/bolt on f body, but I think I have a pretty good chance

I will try to find one for ya.
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slwbra
well, you also have to take into consideration, and you just have to know that "more mods" on our cars, dont really do things. i have quite a bit more in my car than he does. i have inj., kenne bell boost-a-pump, springs, MAF-xtender, but none of it really does anything hp wise. it just allows support for more. the only thing power wise you can get for these cars are pulleys and an intake, which we both have. with everything else aside, i have ALOT more than he does, but power wise, he has a smaller upper pulley than me, but i have a 4lb lower pulley. i make 16lbs of boost to his 12lbs, which is only a few more hp.... changing the blower or nitrous is really the only thing that will set you apart from most everyone else.
There are a couple other Cobras that from what I was told he beat worse than me that both say they have 20-40 more whp than he put down @ HPP. Hell he stayed within 2-3 lengths of a C5 putting down over 500whp. Thats a lighter car with steeper gears. His car isn't the norm from what I've been seeing.

These are from rolls so the driver mod is mostly negated. That is unless you do 1-2-1 shifting.
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
There are a couple other Cobras that from what I was told he beat worse than me that both say they have 20-40 more whp than he put down @ HPP. Hell he stayed within 2-3 lengths of a C5 putting down over 500whp. Thats a lighter car with steeper gears. His car isn't the norm from what I've been seeing.
driver
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed

These are from rolls so the driver mod is mostly negated. That is unless you do 1-2-1 shifting.
driver def plays a big role roll racin or not. i have a vid somewhere of me runnin a C6 ZO6 from a dig with head work, cam, intake, exhaust, tune, and the same exact size nittos as what i am on. we ran 1/8 mile in mexico and i only got beat by a car. he got me out of the hole, and believe it or not, i was runnin him down, just ran out of real estate.

some people also just have more "*****" to push their cars harder... at a 55 or 60 punch, me and aaron have the same gears, but i would do a 3rd gear punch to his second. for some reason, a punch from 4500 or above i have a little bit of hesitation, but he can punch from 6500 and take off... that makes a BIG difference.
Old 02-11-2009 | 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Anyone want to give me the cliffnotes of the shannon,mike,kelly,josh, and aaron post-***** fest from the last three pages?
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, after all this did you decide who's pee pee is bigger? You cam **** cars cant beat my damn powerglide!

Mellow, you going to join man! I have almost got all your friends in the club. I will recruit your family next...

How's Matts car doing? Any updates yet?

After Boost joined I believe we are at 110 members. I need to count up the others that are not on LS1tech.

I cant wait till spring! We will be back up to 1-2 members joining a day!

LSM F.T.W
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mmorrison09
Ok 1st of all my car was full weight with my system in it and stock suspension!
I did have slicks and skinnes. I was at 455 there are cars that put down more than that with a better cam. And yeah I was talking about the track not the street.
Well damn...that's a hefty freakin cam. 455hp is a huge difference between what my cam and bolt on makes. I guess it just depends what cam we're talking about when we say cam and bolt on f-body. Oh well.

Originally Posted by AaronK

Andrew and I never ran at the track with him off the bottle (besides when I was stock).
I was talking about the street mainly, but like you said. Andrew's not set up for the street, and you're not set up for the track really. I'm fully aware of the "run what you brung" overused redneck cliche, but I'm also looking at this situation: Aaron's car vs a Street setup Cam and bolton F-body = Aaron probably winning. Aaron's car setup for track vs a track setup cam and bolton F-body and I'm leaning toward the F-body.

I wasn't even talking about the track to begin with, but that's cool.

I wish Andrew could remember his password and sign on to chime in. I bet it's something like, "MyNutsAreHers".
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adam02gt
Anyone want to give me the cliffnotes of the shannon,mike,kelly,josh, and aaron post-***** fest from the last three pages?
LOL ******* GIMP
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 89camaro
YEAH GET YOUR POPCORN READY BOYS AND HOBBITS
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanM02
Hey guys, after all this did you decide who's pee pee is bigger? You cam **** cars cant beat my damn powerglide!
This from the guy that got his *** handed to him multiple times in his headered WS6 by a bone stock SUV.

Driver mod is a cop out unless you really know how well both people drive. Sorry, but to keep saying that is to say that my 20 years of driving/racing is lacking to the degree that 40whp more torque and steeper gears aren't enough to overcome my incompetance behind the wheel. When a car is running right next to you, through 2 gears and then jumps ahead 2 car lengths in 3rd...that isn't driver.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 02-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Time to **** someone off.

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Well damn...that's a hefty freakin cam. 455hp is a huge difference between what my cam and bolt on makes. I guess it just depends what cam we're talking about when we say cam and bolt on f-body. Oh well.

I was talking about the street mainly, but like you said. Andrew's not set up for the street, and you're not set up for the track really. I'm fully aware of the "run what you brung" overused redneck cliche, but I'm also looking at this situation: Aaron's car vs a Street setup Cam and bolton F-body = Aaron probably winning. Aaron's car setup for track vs a track setup cam and bolton F-body and I'm leaning toward the F-body.

I wasn't even talking about the track to begin with, but that's cool.

I wish Andrew could remember his password and sign on to chime in. I bet it's something like, "MyNutsAreHers".
Yeah and that was just a off the shelf ms3 cam, could of did a custom cam and made power if I wanted to do just something for n/a only.

I think it was "MyNutsGotCut" LMAO
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schronk
So I guess its confirmed that you blew your engine?
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: D
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:58 PM
On The Tree

10-4 Greed4Speed total loss
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RyanM02

Mellow, you going to join man! I have almost got all your friends in the club. I will recruit your family next...

How's Matts car doing? Any updates yet?

After Boost joined I believe we are at 110 members. I need to count up the others that are not on LS1tech.

I cant wait till spring! We will be back up to 1-2 members joining a day!

LSM F.T.W
I eat peice of **** cars like yours for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
What else?
Old 02-11-2009 | 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

10-4 Greed4Speed total loss
Yup, now you join me, andrew, adam, dan, josh, etc in the jack stand racing club!

Quick Reply: Official Thread For Lonestar Muscle Meets and Events here!!