Ray@ Fortress

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ray@ Fortress

Bad *** mother!! he has always done exhaust for me on my car, He just built me a set of duals made from a set i brought him all i can say is this guy is excellent he had everthing done in about 3 hours and the car was up and running the price couldnt of been better. This guy knows his ****, he will not let anyone beat his prices.
I know Hutto and Lane have been building these duals for a while and trust me RAY KNOCKS HIM OUT.
My car is SLAMMED on DMS springs and he has them duals tucked so damn good they rub on nothing!

BIG THANKS TO RAY @FORTRESS

Non Sponsor contact info removed.

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 11-07-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats great and all but he isn't a sponsor on tech and until he is, please do your best to refrain from posting his contact info.

Thanks

Staff
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Ray @ Fortress is the guy that is building my turbo setup on my Mach1. I've been good friends with him for a long time and he really knows his stuff. I was up there when the OP was getting his duals make today and they looked great. Didn't really get a chance to hear what they sounded like since I was out test driving a 03 Cobra that we were working on last night.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Teching In

So you where up there with Pat?

I have seen Ray do some stupid **** to peoples cars. He actually blew up my friends motor ragging on it last year. Just make sure he doesnt start the car and the then floor it.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

seems everyone has made mistakes though. I have heard great things from him???

But every sponsor/shop will make mistakes at some point.

Ryan
Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jdmoore144

I have seen Ray do some stupid **** to peoples cars. He actually blew up my friends motor ragging on it last year. Just make sure he doesnt start the car and the then floor it.
what a joke man go to hell
Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned

plus ur a fatty.

still props to ray. anyone that knws him will say he does good work
Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I don't know what you have seen or so heard but his work is top notch. I'm a very picky **** and wouldn't let just anyone work on my car. I don't know anything about your friends motor or how it might have blown but it sounds like it was a POS anyway. I rag the **** out of mine and never have any problems.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I don't know what you have seen or so heard but his work is top notch. I'm a very picky **** and wouldn't let just anyone work on my car. I don't know anything about your friends motor or how it might have blown but it sounds like it was a POS anyway. I rag the **** out of mine and never have any problems.
are u a mod?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
are u a mod?
On Mod Motor Tech

Here are a couple of pics of that cobra that he was working on. This is a budy of mines car and it came out awesome looking. It is basicly a stock 03 Cobra that Ray put custom subframe connectors on, Welded up the upper and lower torque boxes and Undercoated the complete car. He also put in a new clutch and flywheel, built a custom braced up 8.8 with upgraded internials, solid upper and lower control arms, with new drag shocks and springs.

Before

After

Last edited by dan03mach; 11-07-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We also know who built your motor too!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
We also know who built your motor too!
Yeah who was that? Scott and my self assembled mine and it is running flawlessly. We all know who built yours and well we won't go into what has happened to it. Local machine shop that Gearheads uses did all the machine work and then Scott and my self assembled everything. And it purs nicely.

Last edited by dan03mach; 11-07-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Well since I was at the shop pretty much every day that is behind his I have seen alot and have heard alot. Like taking the customers Aerial Atom out and racing an Srt. Losing control and nearly wrecking. Taking my friends car up and down street racing it and making it bounce off the rev limiter over and over again. Also everytime he started a car he would immediatly floor it. I have seen his work and its top notch. I have seen what he has done for your car. But doesnt mean he is a good shop.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
plus ur a fatty.

still props to ray. anyone that knws him will say he does good work
Man that shows how really stupid you are. Kind of like dropping a flywheel on your forehead.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Well since I was at the shop pretty much every day that is behind his I have seen alot and have heard alot. Like taking the customers Aerial Atom out and racing an Srt. Losing control and nearly wrecking. Taking my friends car up and down street racing it and making it bounce off the rev limiter over and over again. Also everytime he started a car he would immediatly floor it. I have seen his work and its top notch. I have seen what he has done for your car. But doesnt mean he is a good shop.
Why would he waist the time in racing an SRT in an Aerial Atom? The Atom would blow it's doors off. Well I'm at the shop all the time and he does test drive cars after his work just like any shop would, but I haven't ever seen him bang any cars off the rev limiter or floor it while the motor was cold. I guess it's been awhile since you been back by there since your buddy Steve isn't over there anymore.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Why would he waist the time in racing an SRT in an Aerial Atom? The Atom would blow it's doors off. Well I'm at the shop all the time and he does test drive cars after his work just like any shop would, but I haven't ever seen him bang any cars off the rev limiter or floor it while the motor was cold. I guess it's been awhile since you been back by there since your buddy Steve isn't over there anymore.
You must not know much about Srt cuz the aerial atom defiantly lost. So things have changed in the last 10 months?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

You must not know much about Srt cuz the aerial atom defiantly lost. So things have changed in the last 10 months?
Change? If you mean by doing great work on peoples cars, nope no change, still doing the same great work.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Since you knew what I was talking about then I guess not.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Since you knew what I was talking about then I guess not.
I don't know what you are talking about, sorry. Sounds to me like someone is but hurt over something and trying to accuse someone of doing things he doesn't do. Like I said I'm there all the time and haven't seen anything like what you're talking about. But if you want you can come on by the shop and we can all discuss these accusations you speak of so we can find out what is true and what isn't. So if you could come by next Wednesday that would be great because I'll be up there most of the day and evening working on my car. That way I can hear from both parties.

Last edited by dan03mach; 11-07-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Teching In

I don't know what you are talking about, sorry. Sounds to me like someone is but hurt over something and trying to accuse someone of doing things he doesn't do. Like I said I'm there all the time and haven't seen anything like what you're talking about. But if you want you can come on by the shop and we can all discuss these accusations you speak of so we can find out what is true and what isn't.
So basically you are calling me a liar. Thats funny cuz I know what I saw and heard. I was sitting at Jasons shop talking about a job Ray couldnt do and already fucked up on. I see him take my friends car out in front of the shop on the little road and do like 10 1st gear pulls. Then he left to go to his grandma's house. Which I know for a fact that is where he went and then come back and do the same thing a couple more times. Pulls to type in the gate code and then the car dies. Starts the car and then takes off down toward his shop.

Why would I come by the shop and discuss this with you? I know what I have seen and heard. In all fairness I was going to let him do some work on my car and then I started seeing this. Jason who knows him pretty well said that he would not trust him working on his stuff. That is why he stopped sending him work.

Last edited by jdmoore144; 11-07-2008 at 09:58 PM.