OSU VS TTU - Score predictions...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008 | 09:05 AM
Teching In

Once again you UT fans are throwing the what if this what if that card. You guys are unbeleivable with your 'objective' comments. I am going to act like a Texas fan now, and say that Oh yeah well Tech let up in the 2nd half after the first half were we had three times the yards and time of possession.
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Silver408
Once again you UT fans are throwing the what if this what if that card. You guys are unbeleivable with your 'objective' comments. I am going to act like a Texas fan now, and say that Oh yeah well Tech let up in the 2nd half after the first half were we had three times the yards and time of possession.
Who is throwing around "what ifs"? The only thing I see being said is that UT didn't show up for the Tech game, played (somewhat uncharacteristically) like dog ****, and lost the game because of it. Do you not agree? Are you of the opinion that Texas played at the same level in Lubbock as they had the rest of the season?
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tech got extremely lucky getting out of Lubbock with the win. You act as if you didn't watch the game.
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

No, actually I think UT got lucky coming back like they did...a few gimmes in the game. Tech definitley outplayed them. I am from Austin and like UT but fact of the matter UT is a 2 Man team, and Tech has a full arsenal. Just in the Tech game there were 11 different receivers that caught passes for Tech...incredible.
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:26 AM

My favorite part of the UT argument is how they automatically dismiss Tech from the scenario if they lose to OU...they give the "they lost late in the year, so they are out...and UT beat OU...case closed"

The only problem with that is if losing late in the year hurts more, then UT lost later than OU, plus they would have fewer big wins late...

Make up your minds myopic horns fans...
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02txceta
No, actually I think UT got lucky coming back like they did...a few gimmes in the game. Tech definitley outplayed them. I am from Austin and like UT but fact of the matter UT is a 2 Man team, and Tech has a full arsenal. Just in the Tech game there were 11 different receivers that caught passes for Tech...incredible.
I agree that Tech has way more passing weapons, they always have, but how is Texas a "2 Man team"? Which 2 are you referring to?
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
My favorite part of the UT argument is how they automatically dismiss Tech from the scenario if they lose to OU...they give the "they lost late in the year, so they are out...and UT beat OU...case closed"

The only problem with that is if losing late in the year hurts more, then UT lost later than OU, plus they would have fewer big wins late...

Make up your minds myopic horns fans...
Come on now, OU fans are doing the exact same thing saying that there is NO way they won't jump Texas with a win over Tech. Fact of the matter is, it is still too early to make any conclusions and be completely certain about it (for any side).
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Come on now, OU fans are doing the exact same thing saying that there is NO way they won't jump Texas with a win over Tech. Fact of the matter is, it is still too early to make any conclusions and be completely certain about it (for any side).
"OU fans" might be speaking of certainties, but not this one.

Just last week in this forum I had 3-4 UT fans saying there was "zero chance" for OU to go to Big12 CG and that I was delusional and incredibly biased to claim the Sooners even had a chance.

I agree with you though. It's up for grabs. Really would come down to what the human voters do. If they keep UT and OU close in their polls, I think the computer advantage UT now has will shrink enough to put OU over the top. however, if the human pollsters are compelled to counter this, and slide OU 2-3 spots behind UT, then it's anybody's guess.

(And *if* OU jumps Texas, I don't think it would be until after Bedlam...that's when the computer differences will really kick in (after adding aTm to UT and OSU to OU)
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Tech got extremely lucky getting out of Lubbock with the win. You act as if you didn't watch the game.
I did watch the game and I watched all the others as well here ya go!!

Here i go again with all these numbers, statistics and everything else to go along with it. OU has to be worried about this game no doubt.... Tech gave McCoy his worst game of the season, demolished the Cowboys and Jayhawks, the D has kept every team in the BIG 12 on their schedule well below their point and yardage averages. The offense looks unstoppable at the moment. Everything is going Tech's way to an unbelievable season. Everyone knew the offense was going to shine, like they do every year..... but what has turned heads is the performance of the Defense. Lets compare both the OU and TT defenses for the past 4 games.

Starting with OU against KU..... OU's D surrendered 134 yards on the ground (4.5 ypc), as well as sacked the QB 5 times. The secondary gave up 357 yards in the air, 2 INT's, and 2 TD's. Reesing only completed 58% of his passes in this game. Though it looks like the Jayhawks did not have that great of a game, they did however pull out a total of 491 yards in this game.... their average for the season is 443 total yards.

TT against TAMU..... The Tech D surrendered 20 yards on the ground (.9 ypc), sackedthe QB 4 times and recovered a fumble. The Secondary gave up 286 yards in the air, 1 TD and no INT's. They had kept Johnson to 67% completion. The aggies averaged 306 yards total in this game.... they average 354 yards a game.

OU against KSU.... The D surrendered 64 yards on the ground (2.0 ypc), sacked the QB sacked the QB twice and recovered 2 fumbles. The Secondary gave up 486 yards in the air, 3 TD's and Intercepted the ball 3 times. They kept Freeman to 57% passes completed. KSU averages 413 yards a game, they put up 550 total yards in this game.

TT against KU.... Tech surrendered 161 yards on the ground (4.9 ypc), sacked Reesing twice and recovered 2 fumbles. The Secondary gave up 154 yards in the air, 2 TD's and 3 INT's. They kept Reesing to 62% passes completed. KU averages 443 yards a game, Tech kept them to 315 yards in this game.

OU against Nebraska.... The D surrendered 204 yards on the ground (5.8 ypc), sacked Ganz once and recovered 2 fumbles. The Secondary gave up 214 yards in the air, 1 TD and 1 INT. They kept Ganz to 54% passes completed. NU averages 448 yards a game, they put 418 in this one.

TT against UT..... The D surrendered 80 yards on the ground (2.9 ypc), sacked McCoy 4 times and recovered 1 fumble. The Secondary gave up 294 yards, 2 TD's and an INT. They kept McCoy to 59% passes completed. UT averages 476 yards per game, in this one they had 374 yards.

OU against TAMU..... The D surrendered 26 yards on the ground (.9 ypc), sacked Johnson 3 times and recovered 2 fumbles. The Secondary gave up 252 yards, a TD and 2 INT's. They kept Johnson 36% passes completed. TAMU averages 354 yards a game, they had 278 yards in this one.

TT against OSU.... TT D surrendered 186 yards on the ground (5.5 ypc), sacked Robinson twice and recovered a fumble. The Secondary gave up 182 yards, no TD's and an INT. They kept Robinson to 57% for the night. OSU averages 498 yards a game, Tech kept them to 368 yards in this one.

OU has kept the last two opponents to under their game yardage average, but will they be able to that against this Red Raider offense??? No team has been able to slow down this offense. Nevada did a h3llava job in trying to do it.... NU had the best game plan in keeping the offense off the field..... the offense almost blew the game agianst UT with atleast 4 stalled drives (either through fumble or passes dropped).... OSU tried to follow up on NU's game plan, but that didnt work out too well. In the last 4 games, Tech has kept those teams well under their season averages (the only team that has less than a 400+ total offense would be TAMU). OU may have been able to keep KU, KSU, and NU from scoring though they all did have over 400 yards total against their D.... but Tech has found a way in finishing up drives. OU needs to address this issue and "fix" it if they are wanting to WRECK Techs season.

This Tech team is dominating on both sides of the ball as of lately and I personally dont see that changing anytime soon.

WRECK EM TECH!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:27 AM

OU has kept the last two opponents to under their game yardage average, but will they be able to that against this Red Raider offense??? No team has been able to slow down this offense.
Well, simple math would tell me that generally half of TTU's opponents have kept them under their YPG average. I think OU's defense is better than the overall average defense TTU has faced....therefore, I'd wager that OU would hold TTU to their average or less in yardage and points.

I think OU can hold TTU to around 35.

That matchup isn't all that important though, the real key is Bradford/Manuel/Murray/Gresham vs TTU defense. Will TTU hold down OU as they did McCoy? That will decide the game, IMO...along with of course turnovers/big special teams plays.

Will TTU hold OU under 35?
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

I personally think the Florida and Tech have the 2 best clubs in the college ranks right now. OU is strong but it will be very difficult for OU to put together a plan against a team that utilizes their team fully like Tech. The gaming trends/analysis is very difficult and really cannot be patterned. Tech should win the game unless they fall on their faces with turnovers. My opinion...
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Well, simple math would tell me that generally half of TTU's opponents have kept them under their YPG average.
No truer words were ever spoken! LOL!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

. . . blah blah. . .

Thats why they PLAY the game, not 'what-if' it.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTU defense has been tested 3 weeks in a row against pretty good offenses and has proven to stop them with the exception of UT in the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Could say it was the offenses part for giving such little resting time but who knows.

OU and TTU will be a GREAT game.

Also, JUST like I said in page 5, UT fans cant seem to wrap their head around that TTU played a DAMN good game and UT got VERY lucky to get back into the game like they did. Just give TTU the damn appreciation they deserve and stop making excuses.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567

Also, JUST like I said in page 5, UT fans cant seem to wrap their head around that TTU played a DAMN good game and UT got VERY lucky to get back into the game like they did. Just give TTU the damn appreciation they deserve and stop making excuses.
TTU did play a great game, and they were lucky to win against UT playing bad for 60% of the game.

Congrats, not taking away anything from TTU but them squandering big leads against good teams in nothing new.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 02txceta
I personally think the Florida and Tech have the 2 best clubs in the college ranks right now. OU is strong but it will be very difficult for OU to put together a plan against a team that utilizes their team fully like Tech. The gaming trends/analysis is very difficult and really cannot be patterned. Tech should win the game unless they fall on their faces with turnovers. My opinion...
I cannot agree with a team that lost to Ole Miss as being one of the two best clubs. Same goes for USC losing to a **** team.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:22 PM
Banned

All I know is that if tech gets beat in the ccg, and Texas (or OU) goes to the NC, I would wear a sack over my head if I was a fan of that team. Not even attending the ccg game, but going to NC is a complete and utter disgrace imo. I would not be proud of that crystal ball. I would not even watch the game.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
All I know is that if tech gets beat in the ccg, and Texas (or OU) goes to the NC, I would wear a sack over my head if I was a fan of that team. Not even attending the ccg game, but going to NC is a complete and utter disgrace imo. I would not be proud of that crystal ball. I would not even watch the game.
No shame if it's a threeway tie for the conference lead and one team went merely based on a tiebreaker to the Big12 CG. Normally, I'd agree, but with as powerful as the South is this year, any 1-loss team from the division would be just as deserving as a 1-loss conference champ from another league. UT and OU both are clearly more deserving than USC.
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:35 PM
Banned

UT and OU both are clearly more deserving than USC.
Agreed
Old 11-10-2008 | 01:53 PM
Teching In

No shame if it's a threeway tie for the conference lead and one team went merely based on a tiebreaker to the Big12 CG. Normally, I'd agree, but with as powerful as the South is this year, any 1-loss team from the division would be just as deserving as a 1-loss conference champ from another league. UT and OU both are clearly more deserving than USC.

WERD!!!