Assault rifles flying off the shelves!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So lets say they do ban guns, what are you going to with yours? How do they enforce it anyways?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

just like in new orleans but with more volume and alot more force.basically how the chinese would take them from there people.

its not freedom
**** your constitution and your rights.
the mind fucked military and local pd forces will try but with no luck.

i have alot of military and pd friends and they will not except those orders.but there will be some that do.those are the ones that will meet there maker.
thanks to bush we now have an agreement with canada to use each others forces on each others citizens if need be.
so basically the us military wont go door to door?then they will call in canadian forces to do it for them.

peelum from my hands *******,if you can get past the lead flyin!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Teching In

So you mean to say that they will require people to turn in their guns. I doubt they can constitutionally make that legal. If they do, then it becomes what they call law, and your *** is grass if you go against it; atleast if you point a gun their way. If you fight it legally, you have a better chance. Just my .02.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow this is crazy!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish i can buy me a handgun..****, i cant even buy a rifle..
Old 11-10-2008, 03:55 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by $O$OE
i wish i can buy me a handgun..****, i cant even buy a rifle..
You a felon?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SStreetmachine
I doubt they can constitutionally make that legal.
Ever hear of prohibition? I bet there were people that thought they'd never legally outlaw drinking too.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1970judge
When is it exactly that you use your AR-15? My buddies each have AR's and AK's but never use them except at a range or in the deep woods shooting at trees.
An armed militia is useless without arms.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought a Colt 6920 m4 carbine and put a Trijicon TA31f on it a couple of weeks ago.
I guess Ill buy an AK for resale later.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there an upper assembly I could get chambered in .308 for my bushmaster?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM

Two things I don't understand...

1. If having an AR-15 or AK-47 is so critical to living and functioning as an American, why are people just buying them now? If it was that big a deal, why not buy them years ago?

I don't believe there will be any meaningful gun bans, but if there were, it seems like what many people want is to buy certain guns so they can defend themselves from having them subsequently confiscated, but if there was no threat of a ban, they wouldn't have them anyway.

2. Did no one have the foresight to consider buying these things before the gun sellers and manufacturers began touting a panic over gun bans? I guess you guys just like paying a premium.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
1. If having an AR-15 or AK-47 is so critical to living and functioning as an American, why are people just buying them now? If it was that big a deal, why not buy them years ago?
If the sale of aftermarket parts for cars were going to be outlawed, do you think people would start buying more parts?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Whats up with the AKs and ARs....what do you need long range weapons for? Get a shotty if you need self defense.
dude there not just long range guns. My ar has a colapsable stock with a 14 inch barrel. Shorter than any shotgun. And also trust me you can pick any hand gun you want and if you get into a short range gun fight with a guy with an ar you will loose. trust me
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
dude there not just long range guns. My ar has a colapsable stock with a 14 inch barrel. Shorter than any shotgun. And also trust me you can pick any hand gun you want and if you get into a short range gun fight with a guy with an ar you will loose. trust me
Accuracy? Shot placement? You must be bad at both.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
Two things I don't understand...

I don't believe there will be any meaningful gun bans, but if there were, it seems like what many people want is to buy certain guns so they can defend themselves from having them subsequently confiscated, but if there was no threat of a ban, they wouldn't have them anyway.

2. Did no one have the foresight to consider buying these things before the gun sellers and manufacturers began touting a panic over gun bans? I guess you guys just like paying a premium.
That makes no sense, buying a weapon doesn't necessarily translate to buying brand new off the shelf "premium" guns. There are unknown numbers of guns circulating already. You can ****** a used rifle for cheap depending on where you look. If you do not think there will be any "meaningful gun bans" you are mistaken. Any attempt or small successful ban or limit is meaningful...and to answer your second question, yes we have. Except now there is a rush to get them before any ridiculous bans are implimented.

Do you not pay for premium parts for your cars if there are money well spent in your mind? What about wheels and tires? Brands of clothes, food, drinks?

If a certain beverage or food item was to be banned and you loved it, woulnd't you scoop up a bunch? Cuban cigars ring a bell? Nothing special about them other than they are not to be imported.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
In the New York times and on the Russ Martin show here they were talking about Jim Pruitt's Guns and Ammo Shop in Houston. Anyone heard of him? Crazy mother f-er, but funny. Shop's quote is "Buy 'em cheap, bury 'em deep" HA HA
LOL, I guess I'm that old because judging by the fact that I'm the first one to respond to this that no one remembers the Stevens and Pruitt show on Rock 101
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
Ok, so you have a long range weapon for short range use. Unless its just your personal preference, you my friend wasted money. You have better chances of hitting someone with a shotty than with your AR in close quarters. And since most people buy these weapons for self defense, shotty makes more sense, unless ofcourse you like collecting guns. I doubt you will aim and shoot someone 100 meters away in "self defense".

Not trying to be an *** to you, but we can start a constructive discussion on this.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
LOL, I guess I'm that old because judging by the fact that I'm the first one to respond to this that no one remembers the Stevens and Pruitt show on Rock 101
i remember that show. is it the same guy?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

So lets say they do ban guns, what are you going to with yours? How do they enforce it anyways?
Put 'em somewhere safe
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think its just gonna be like it was under the Clinton administration. I remember during those times ar's and ak's were high dollar. Saw some ar's at the gun show a couple weeks ago for around 1k and ak's for around 500. If you look on gun broker, ar's are now going for close to 2k. Not sure about ak's cause I dont like them. I would buy one to turn a profit though. My Colt M4 carbine is stamped Military and law enforcement only and was perfectly legal to buy and use by any law abiding citizen. That will be different if there is a ban an assult rifles.