Anyone Need Their XBox Fixed??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Need Their XBox Fixed??

My brother (also an LS1 owner) asked me to post up and see if anyone needed their XBox fixed. I think he's talking about charging $40, he lives in CS and I live in Tomball. He's in Tomball almost every weekend so if you'd like you can drop it off with me around 2920 249 area, and I work off the Beltway. Or if you're from CS just get with me and I'll give you his number. If anyone's interested just send me a PM, he says he can fix almost any problem
Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got one that he can fix for free
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Lol, you've got his number, give him a call and ask him.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

mines burning a ring in the disc...n e hope?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
Try standing the xbox upright, fixed it for me.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont throw your xbox around when its turned on
Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by throwed_TA
Try standing the xbox upright, fixed it for me.
tried that as well. And I didnt throw it around it just happened. I have no clue.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 AM
8 Sec Tuner

My x-box halo 3 edition will not connect to to my tv anymore?

It turns on but no connection. I tried my HDMI, and both component inputs. I turned it off and on like 50 times and got it to connect and the graphics looked like a old N64 box.

Save me I havent played COD4 in 3 months. I was murdering fools!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
My x-box halo 3 edition will not connect to to my tv anymore?

It turns on but no connection. I tried my HDMI, and both component inputs. I turned it off and on like 50 times and got it to connect and the graphics looked like a old N64 box.

Save me I havent played COD4 in 3 months. I was murdering fools!!!
your graphic processor most likely had the solder joints come loose. just do the x-clamp mod and it should fix it.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

i was getting the same problem. i did this 8 months ago and have not had a single problem since:
http://copronymous.com/wp-content/up...-the-3rlod.pdf
Old 11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

you can flash the dvd drive and make a backup of your disc. that way you can ruin the backups and not worry about the originals.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

This is Travis, G-Nasty's bro, the one doing the fixes. I'll be making an account soon so I won't have to post on his but for now I'll use this one. I can fix almost any problem that has to do with the red lights (red lights of death). Some only have 1 red light, some have 2, and most have 3 red lights but it's usually fixable. If anyone lends me their xbox to fix and I can't fix it, you won't have to pay anything but I haven't ran into any problems yet I couldn't fix. I've fixed a few now and no one has gotten the red lights again since I fixed them. And by the way, make sure your xbox isn't still under warranty before you send it to me, cause they'll do it for free in that case. Just call Microsoft and give them your serial number, and they'll be able to tell you if it's under warranty or not.

Xplicit, is it scratching the disc or is the laser actually burning a ring around it? Xbox's lack the standard disc-locking system so moving or touching the 360, or even walking past it in some cases while it's running can scratch the disc. If it's actually burning a ring around your disc, it's the laser and I should be able to fix that.

MikeTexasS, it could be your AV cable connection. Try buying some compressed air you use to clean off keyboards and stuff like that. Clean out the connection with that and then give it a try. You said it connected but it looked choppy, so it may just need to be cleaned. If that doesn't fix it, sroach20 is probably right, and I can do the fix myself if you don't want to give it a try. The X-clamp replacement he was talking about works for many cases. It's basically fixing Microsoft's faulty design to keep the motherboard from warping, which is the cause of most problems with 360's.

And Brian, are you still detailing cars? I'll do it for free for a discount on one of those haha. I need to get some of the swirl marks out of my car, they've gotten worse and really show up on black. But give me a call, do you still have the number? It's 281-743-4327 if not.

I'm leaving to go back to College Station around 5 today, so if anyone wants to get theirs to me before then I can meet you somewhere, just call the number I posted. If you can't get it to me today, either get it to my brother or get it to me next weekend because I should be in town.
Post any questions here and I'll be logging on often to check it out.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

I am personally not a fan of working on the 360. I'm on the PS3 market now.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Teching In

This is Travis, just registered a new account, so PM me here or post on the forums if anyone has any questions or anything.

And I haven't heard of many PS3's breaking down yet. It almost seems like the 360 was designed the way it was so they can make more money when the warranty's up and you have to send it in. They charge $99 at the minimum for repairs if your warranty is up, and a new 360 now is only $200
Old 11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

ok my xbox keeps bringing up the white screen with all the different languages saying insert an xbox disc in to play or whatever.. ive looked up alot and all ive gotten is the disc drive is whats messed up.. if i keep pressing the open close on the disc tray it eventually works sometimes first try sometimes 2 hours later..its the very first xbox that came out so its kinda old.. but is it fixable?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Yea it's probably your disc drive. The disc drive has a magnet set-up, and what happens is it warps and they end up getting too close together and it can mess the hard drive up. This is usually the case. On the screen you're talking about does it show an error code (i.e. E74)? It's fixable though. Is it a 360 or a normal xbox?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

360 its the first model that came out no codes pop up
"to play this disc insert it in an xbox 360 console" then it says it in like 7 diff languages
Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

of the 7 PS3's 6 the blueray drive was broken wether be it gears, springs or the armature to move the player up and down and 4 others were a couple of nad solder joints. In other words, nothing bad just stupid ****. This last one I fixed was less than a year old and the drive screwed up. Sony wanted to charge him $200 to fix it. I charged him a carton of cigarettes.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Teching In

I didn't know PS3's were havin that many problems. They're still better systems than the 360 though.

That1WhiteGuy, try putting a cd in instead of a game, and let me know if it plays or not. I'll be able to give you a diagnosis after you tell me that.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tman06
I didn't know PS3's were havin that many problems. They're still better systems than the 360 though.

That1WhiteGuy, try putting a cd in instead of a game, and let me know if it plays or not. I'll be able to give you a diagnosis after you tell me that.
They're not really. I just live in a **** hole town were everyone knows everyone! This town is pro-PS3 for some reason.