Old 11-19-2008 | 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
... My 99 HO car is built by "ME".
Elaborate a little. Define "built".
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Im sure it loves the meth. But adding boost to these stock LS7's is a little scary.

The 07's are a walk in the park tuning wise. The 06 OS sucks. New style MAF with old style MAF limits. This car was one of the hardest ive had to tune.
So note to self, look for a 07.

Nice car guys.
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Elaborate a little. Define "built".
Ross, I put my cars together from start to finish. I make my decisions on what combo I think will work well. As stated earlier, we'll get back on subject. If you want me to elaborate more PM me.
Old 11-19-2008 | 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
I said build, not tune. I know you can tune, never doubted that. I think it's time we go ahead and get the ball rolling. Jay ran his mouth the other day, so now let's go ahead and have @ it, bring out your best. We'll leave Calhounes Madman Chassis, 427 race car on the side, nothing against it. What cars has G-Force built that have dominated?? Mikey don't **** with me because I've had about enough of you alls bullshit. It'd be nice when you all could say things to my face. As far as Paco's SOM stang you all didn't build that either... My 99 HO car is built by "ME".
This post bothers me a little bit, so as a former G-Force employee I think I will respond do the 'What cars has G-Force built that have dominated??'

G-Force builds some of the best LSX street cars in Houston. They take great pride in the quality of their work, and their customers greatly appreciate it. They have hundreds of loyal customers who are proud to display G-Force stickers on their cars. Just in the last few years we've seen shops come and go and we've all see some of the childish drama that goes on even here on the internet when it happens, but all of the while G-Force just keeps doing their thing and churning out great cars.

Not everybody wants to build racecars. There isn't any money in it, honestly. G-Force doesn't make a dime on Calhoun's car. And in reality, it costs them money. Everytime we get ready to race Calhoun's car spends at least 2 days on a lift so we can check EVERYTHING. It's the reason we were able to race an entire season so sucessfully. We finished second in points in our first year in this class and the only thing we had go wrong all season was a bad micro switch that we repaired. Oh, and the chassis credit goes to Rick Stevens. He's going to 25.2 it for Chris this winter and it will be even badder next year with our new Kuntz & Co. HP.

But seriously, Mike and Jay and the rest of the guys there are extremely dedicated to their customers. They stay late, give them rides to and from work and home, and do the little extra on customer cars. They genuinely care that the customer is happy when their project is done. Sometimes that means max dyno HP isn't the most important part of a project. These are street cars afterall.

So I guess what I'm really trying to say is that after seeing first hand how honest and hard working they are they would be the only shop in town I would let touch one of my own F-Bodies or Vettes if I had one.
Old 11-19-2008 | 10:49 AM
8 Second Club

I have a stock motor car that would **** up ALMOST every stock bottom end LSx car from a roll. It was built by Zac, Matt, and I in the garage on jack stands even... I also bet that NOBODY in this thread would have a clue on how to work on it. We figured it out and we are doing better than most people on the Porsche forum for a kit that WE pieced together. I am waiting on a few new parts that should put me in a very high amount of power because 640rwhp (in the 90* heat) on 19psi isn't enough... Now I'm running 23-24psi (in the 50* weather)

So I don't want to hear ANYTHING from ANYONE that wants to talk about what they have built themselves... LS1s are ******* cake.. Trust me I've built my own with some help from Icon. Try working on something like this:

Congrats Mikey and everyone at G-Force on the numbers though. I don't care what anyone thinks you have built some bad *** cars. You've also helped me more times than I could ever imagined, from letting me use the shop for 2 days straight for 24hrs each day, to staying late so I can make some dyno pulls, and letting me borrow tools all the time when I need something.
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Hands down they are great! Love my ride and the power it makes!! It`s a awsome street car that is fun to race at the track!!
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Try working on something like this:

**** that...
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spritle
**** that...
x2.....
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a stock motor car that would **** up ALMOST every stock bottom end LSx car from a roll. It was built by Zac, Matt, and I in the garage on jack stands even... I also bet that NOBODY in this thread would have a clue on how to work on it. We figured it out and we are doing better than most people on the Porsche forum for a kit that WE pieced together. I am waiting on a few new parts that should put me in a very high amount of power because 640rwhp (in the 90* heat) on 19psi isn't enough... Now I'm running 23-24psi (in the 50* weather)

So I don't want to hear ANYTHING from ANYONE that wants to talk about what they have built themselves... LS1s are ******* cake.. Trust me I've built my own with some help from Icon. Try working on something like this:

Congrats Mikey and everyone at G-Force on the numbers though. I don't care what anyone thinks you have built some bad *** cars. You've also helped me more times than I could ever imagined, from letting me use the shop for 2 days straight for 24hrs each day, to staying late so I can make some dyno pulls, and letting me borrow tools all the time when I need something.

Your mom goes to college.
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:48 AM
Teching In

Old 11-19-2008 | 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mikey street races grandma cars....

...that is all!

Next G-Ride I get, will make its way there, for sure. Only shop in town that I'll go to from now on.
Old 11-19-2008 | 02:22 PM
8 Sec Tuner

The grandma Impala SS is comming back. Im building a 434 LS7 for the ole green tug boat.

FEAR THE AVATAR!
Old 11-19-2008 | 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ben R
But seriously, Mike and Jay and the rest of the guys there are extremely dedicated to their customers. They stay late, give them rides to and from work and home, and do the little extra on customer cars.
I hear guys even get lost taking guys home even though they are only 2.6 miles away from the shop!

Great service, great bunch of guys professionally and personally.
Old 11-19-2008 | 07:33 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

The 07's are a walk in the park tuning wise. The 06 OS sucks. New style MAF with old style MAF limits. This car was one of the hardest ive had to tune.
So this finally answers the old question about "who is the best tuner in Texas?" It's you man. For shizzle.
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

nice guys
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

The grandma Impala SS is comming back. Im building a 434 LS7 for the ole green tug boat.

FEAR THE AVATAR!
nothing beats gettin lit up and driving the ol impy through the staging lanes before that midnight madness!

great times... i'm always down with the G-force crew!

reving the impy @ 3am in my apt complex was money
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:44 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
reving the impy @ 3am in my apt complex was money
I was thinking the same thing

Gforce is good peoples
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:52 PM
8 Sec Tuner

That was a fun night.

Your talking about the Dark Cherry impala. Eric still has our race motor under the knife. The 434 LS7 is going in my dark green gray Impala SS street car. Plus my pop has the Dark Cherry LS2 Impy with 20" Iforged.

As everyone knows I love Impala SS's.. (even though they come with LT1's)
Old 11-19-2008 | 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, they even take you by the store to buy your pissed off wife some flowers that had to walk to the mall from the park and ride on Bay Area/I-45, in the rain.

Let's face it, time is money and the more time you tool with a race car, the less money you're gonna make. So, if you've got the time to build your own "race car", good for you...you deserve a blue ribbon.

John
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

Dam, at first I thought you were crazy to get out of the LSX scene to jump into a Porsche but now I see why. That thing is going to move. Congrats, and tell Zac wheres my WS6 air lid base LOL.