Red Viper GTS stolen in The Woodlands, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know if my car was to ever get stolen (and its only a $3500 lt1) i would pray that the police would find him before me for i would probably, ok i would kill them. my car is my baby and my world. doesnt matter how expensive it is. i only hope insurance doesnt f-ck him over on it.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Teching In

no big loss its a Mopar!, take the insurance money and buy a Chevrolet Buy a used Z06 its twice the car with twice the reliability! Or perhaps several Z28's for the same money...
Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

If that was my poor car, I would have cremated the car in its honor.....with the thief inside.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dc8fixer
no big loss its a Mopar!, take the insurance money and buy a Chevrolet Buy a used Z06 its twice the car with twice the reliability! Or perhaps several Z28's for the same money...

Viper > two thousand Z28's.

Really sucks to hear about his car getting totalled but good he got caught.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

I`ve been there. Lucky for me the guy blew a new motor spraying running from the cops not including all the body damage. That was the only reason I got mine back. Blew a new 408 to ****!!! But I`m happy now. I feel for the guy losing his Viper!! Good Luck! Looks like a new ZR1 should be in his garage now!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Spoken like someone who is clueless about Vipers. I'm guessing if you have to recommend buying a used Z06, or even worse used Z28s, you probably can't afford a new Viper anyways. Guess you will remain clueless and blind loyal.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Spoken like someone who is clueless about Vipers. I'm guessing if you have to recommend buying a used Z06, or even worse used Z28s, you probably can't afford a new Viper anyways. Guess you will remain clueless and blind loyal.
Tony, you used to be the same way.

It has only been in the last few years where you got over your "blindness"
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Bullshit. I've had Porsche/Lambo/Viper/Ferrari posters on my wall since I was a kid. I just couldn't afford them back then. In fact, you can probably find old quotes as far back as 1998 where I thought 4th gens were piles of ***** with good engines. I only bought them for the engine and the fun per dollar ratio. The Corvette is a better overall car than a Viper, but the Viper seems better built and more heavy duty. I've wanted a blue/white coupe since 1996. Even bought a diecast blue/white GTS back in 1997, still have it.

I still think the 4.6L Mustangs are POS's though, but at least I owned a couple and can make that judgment based on personal experience.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Teching In

O SNAP! I know the owner and the car. Have seen it many times in The Woodlands. Mike also posts on the HPD Forum. Best wishes in the mater math.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 PM

LOL! vipers will always be the sickest lookin car with the best body design period. but on another note i hate mopar. sorry for the dude that lost it. but to be pretty honest with ya he will never find it. and if he does it wont be in one piece.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
LOL! vipers will always be the sickest lookin car with the best body design period. but on another note i hate mopar. sorry for the dude that lost it. but to be pretty honest with ya he will never find it. and if he does it wont be in one piece.
and sure it WAS not in ONE piece.. truely hard for the owner..
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Teching In

SORRY CORVETTE ANYDAY,NO I am not clueless! There has been many articles on how unreliable and most $$$ to maintain P.O.S. Vipers are to maintain! Besides that this is the LS1 forum is it not? What kind of comments are you expecting? I just bought a 99Z with 195,000 miles on it for $2500. That my friend is bang for the buck. I bet the spendy Viper will never make it to 195,000 miles. They are a overpriced P.O.S from the factory. The ZR1 or Z06 is a much better handling and bang for the buck car FACT! If you have money to burn sure you can make the Viper maybe faster or handle better. But you can do the same thing with a Ford Pinto.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SORRY CORVETTE ANYDAY,NO I am not clueless! There has been many articles on how unreliable and most $$$ to maintain P.O.S. Vipers are to maintain! Besides that this is the LS1 forum is it not? What kind of comments are you expecting? I just bought a 99Z with 195,000 miles on it for $2500. That my friend is bang for the buck. I bet the spendy Viper will never make it to 195,000 miles. They are a overpriced P.O.S from the factory. The ZR1 or Z06 is a much better handling and bang for the buck car FACT! If you have money to burn sure you can make the Viper maybe faster or handle better. But you can do the same thing with a Ford Pinto.
You can spend 10 hours filling up 25 pages of your opinion, but in the end, you're still wrong. So please just stop. How many vipers have you driven? I hate it when people act like they know everything about a particular subject, but have no prior experience with it
Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Obviously you don't do your own work on your cars and you have more money than knowledge so you more than likely dont know what you are talking about ,I know of a 281 stock block that can give your viper a run for your e money Ban coming soon Lol!!.
Bullshit. I've had Porsche/Lambo/Viper/Ferrari posters on my wall since I was a kid. I just couldn't afford them back then. In fact, you can probably find old quotes as far back as 1998 where I thought 4th gens were piles of ***** with good engines. I only bought them for the engine and the fun per dollar ratio. The Corvette is a better overall car than a Viper, but the Viper seems better built and more heavy duty. I've wanted a blue/white coupe since 1996. Even bought a diecast blue/white GTS back in 1997, still have it.

I still think the 4.6L Mustangs are POS's though, but at least I owned a couple and can make that judgment based on personal experience.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Tony can now afford to NOT wrench one every nut and bolt on his car. I seriously doubt you could even claim to think he doesn't work on his cars. As busy as it seems he is, to get anything done he probably has to have other people do stuff.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Launching!

That's all I said.
Originally Posted by Malicious
I think Tony can now afford to NOT wrench one every nut and bolt on his car. I seriously doubt you could even claim to think he doesn't work on his cars. As busy as it seems he is, to get anything done he probably has to have other people do stuff.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

I would hope that more money for a car would get you better build quality and durability. It's to be expected but not always the case.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn`t mind a Viper and new ZO6, lol at all!!! I think they are both awwsomE CARS. aND i can`t afford them at all right now. Got kids in college and all!!! But hey guys, who gives a **** if you turn the wrench or not. If you can afford it, buy it and have fun!!!!

Last edited by beardWS6; 11-22-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Wow, that's right down the road from me. The woodlands normally doesn't have too much crime. i hope he finds it and the thief gets hit by a car.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Nice post. I know of plenty 4.6 Mustangs that haul ***. Been to a few NMRA and Fun Ford events in my lifetime. But, those drag cars do not make me change my opinion on the 4.6L engine. That POS engine needs a power-adder to run good numbers, which any engine can lay claims to doing. Why do I think the engine sucks?

-It is physically larger than an LS engine, but has less displacement. Horrible packaging
-Can't be bored out worth a crap. I once owned a 434ci LS engine. What is the largest a 4.6L can be made into?
-It is less fuel efficient than an LS engine, and makes less power. Engineering brilliance.
-Far more complicated to work on than an LS engine. Ever pull the heads while the engine is still in the car? I have. It sucks compared to an LS engine.
-Even with bolt-on mods, the engine is still a turd.
-Aftermarket sucks compared to the LS engine, especially all-motor or internal mods

Summary, it doesn't really do anything well. Even the newer 3V models have such weak rods that they are no longer reliable after ~450 rwhp under boost. You can push an LS2 of the same year up to 700 rwhp under boost no prob.

As for me not working on cars, your assumption is wrong. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I've been wrenching on cars since I was 13. I have more income now, but that just means I can buy more tools. I'm also building a 40x60 shop with multiple lifts on my property. And....4.6L mod motors still suck.

here has been many articles on how unreliable and most $$$ to maintain P.O.S. Vipers are to maintain! Besides that this is the LS1 forum is it not? What kind of comments are you expecting? I just bought a 99Z with 195,000 miles on it for $2500. That my friend is bang for the buck. I bet the spendy Viper will never make it to 195,000 miles. They are a overpriced P.O.S from the factory. The ZR1 or Z06 is a much better handling and bang for the buck car FACT! If you have money to burn sure you can make the Viper maybe faster or handle better. But you can do the same thing with a Ford Pinto.
1. Have you owned an maintained a Viper? No? Then STFU. I've heard Camaros are unreliable too, guess they suck also? What a lame excuse.
2. Congrats on buying a used Camaro with 195,000 miles on it. That car is probably on its sloppy thirds by now. I bought them brand new when they came out, and they were still bang for the buck back then too. You didn't just discover this fact, we have known about it since 1998. I was the first 6-spd LS1 owner in the country to run 11s on motor, I know a little about these cars.
3. Not everyone cares about "bang-for-the-buck". When your bucks increase, so do your car values. I mean, we could also use your philosophy on wifes and girlfriends too. A 350 lb sloth of a woman who spends no money will still have sex with you, so is that bang-for-the buck too? Then have at it! FYI, I've owned a few cars that cost less than $2500 in my life, and they were my only cars at the time. Pass.
4. Thanks for reminding me that this is an LS forum. I created this site, I must have forgotten. But, back before we had children buying cars third and fourth hand, people were a little more mature here, and could give reasons that were valid for not liking another brand or model. Usually these were based on technical reasons or past ownership. Not just magazine racing like you seem to be doing.
5. I disagree with the Z06 handling better than the Viper. I seem to have first hand experience with both. Both are damn good, but your idiotic ranting makes other idiots believe that there is some huge difference between the cars. Bet you haven't driven either cars, based on your childish banter.