2 Buddy's go to jail for intent to street race!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
so much much for innocent until "proven" guilty
yeah that went out the window a long time ago....
I was with a friend in his mustang and we were just driving around at about 2:30 in the morning, down my road. Its about 1/2 a mile long, and we were driving a little aggressively leaving my house, but nothing too crazy. We got to the end to turn around and on our way back stomped it from about 20. His exhaust is kinda loud so you could definitely hear it, then he caught 2nd and just kept it going.. Keep in mind there is an elementary school about 1/4 mile from where we turned around.

So we saw lights pull into the road behind us and we slowed down to about 35ish. He looked back and said something about it would suck if that was a cop. Well we made it maybe another 1/8 mile before they caught up to us and it wasn't a cop. It was 2.

Basically they tried to tell us they saw us speeding, wreckless driving, all kinds of things, when all they did was hear exhaust. The cop looked into the window, asked how old he was, and told him to get out of the car because he was going to jail. They said they heard us from the school, but once they turned into the road we were on we were only doing about 40..
Basically he just ended up with 3 tickets though, none of which made it through court.

Last edited by bill12690; 11-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
So exactly how many feet is required to get to any kind of speed...Assuming 45 mph (maybe high for a residential street) how many feet to get to that speed?

My car can get to over 97 mph in 660 feet...so please explain this logic?

Looks like a couple of kids got caught ******* around doing something stupid. But best of luck to them I did a ton of stupid stuff in my car when I was in college (last year and prior ) but got lucky they didn't get me for anything.

Lawyer up and hopefully they just get with with a minor traffic ticket.
Then you car runs better than most daily driven cars! That was the only logic there, they were not speeding. The guy said what started it was a simple rev at a friend. Here is another recent hot topic that college station had about the stupid *** cops.

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Police...-of-race-event
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

i got pulled over and searched for honking my horn, in my dads truck...some cops are just ******
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Ginger Hater

i heard about this....

university is not the place to be doing this...and one of the guys that got arrested has lived in town for quite a while.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned

ive been to jail for street racing. had a good lawyer did def. drivin and got it dismissed!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
ive been to jail for street racing. had a good lawyer did def. drivin and got it dismissed!
Could I have the name of your lawyer? You know, just in case.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the man
i got pulled over and searched for honking my horn, in my dads truck...some cops are just ******

Unless you gave them consent or a probable cause, you could had stopped them from searching your vehicle. Did you know that you can give consent to a police officer to search your vehicle and then if you change your mind, while they are searching, you can tell them that you withdraw your consent?

And for the case of these two guys, from what the story says, and if its true, the only thing the cop was able to get you for is "exhibition of speed." And from what I hear, that is punishable by a warning!! Dont know if the guys pissed off the cop, but Im pretty sure aint **** gonna happen to them!!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why I dislike texas, Good state but the laws bend in favor of the state. And some P.Ds in this state truly suck. There where many officers that seen the tail lights am I bragging hell no will I do it again hell no just some stupid **** I use to do in the past because everytime I stop its a ticket go to court get it dismiss WTF I still spent 50 bucks in court cost to be found not guilty. RANT OVER.