Does discount tire really "guarantee" the price match?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked for Discount for 3 years. They will price match even if they lose money, it just takes some twisting of the arm a little and the right words.

Also when you buy them from Discount, they cannot charge you $25 per wheel to mount and balance, it's a flat $13 per wheel no matter what size.

Just talk to them like humans and don't throw a fit like some people do, because that never helps. Simply call them out on their advertisement of guarunteeing the best price and things should work out for you. Plus you'll get a warranty on them good at any Discount Tire across the country.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

The Discount's in my neighborhood left a bad taste in my mouth after I got prices for tires online and then 2 different stores I called had higher prices for a that tire and said its because I hadn't counted on shipping, I didnt print it out so I didnt know until I got back to my work computer that shipping is "FREE"!!! So I bought the tires from summit cause in the end it was cheaper with summit shipping then there with discounts free shipping, I just got a different brand of tire is all.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

I called the regional office earlier. They're supposed to call me back...

Oddly enough, I took a quick nap after work and had a missed call from the discount tire in SM. He told me to give him a call when I get a chance, so I'll be calling him tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Does discount tire really "guarantee" the price match?