Why all the hate toward "the fast and the furious" movies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
You know all you freaks have watched all 3 movies plus you have the dvds. Or is it because your cars are not as fast or cool as Vin Diesel's? Just checking.
Unlike F&F, movies like Star Wars, Iron Man and any Jenna Jameson movie are completely plausible.

F&F is like Speed Racer cartoons ...

And drifting is like synchronized swimming ... no real reason for it other than ... well there is no reason.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Drifting has been around for decades. They're called Sprint Cars, World Of Outlaws style!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Unlike F&F, movies like Star Wars, Iron Man and any Jenna Jameson movie are completely plausible.

F&F is like Speed Racer cartoons ...

And drifting is like synchronized swimming ... no real reason for it other than ... well there is no reason.
Star wars...not plausible...neither is lord of the rings or anything of that nature!!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Those movies are badass!! They are sooo hilarious!! You just can't take them serious, i just see them as comedies that make fun of ricers. Me and my friends can just start quoting all the ridiculous parts and laugh about it for hours. I can't wait till the 4th comes out lol.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

Why all the hate toward "the fast and the furious" movies?
Because they are some of the worst movies ever made. The acting was horrible, they screwed up just about everything they could screw up, the story was stupid, and it inspired thousands of idiots nation wide to think they were cool and to go out and endanger innocent people(as if we needed more of that).

Thank God I have only had to suffer through the first one and small parts of the second one. No amount of money on Earth could ever get me to watch the third one. And I didn't know there was a fourth, so I sure as hell won't go see it.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I will admit I enjoy watching the F&F franchise movies for the comedy entertainment. It doesn't bother me that they are so wrong on technical items, I wasn't expecting a realistic documentary film. You have to take it for what it is, an action movie with some class-B actors, mixed with some cars and nice looking women. I sure wish the car casting director on the 1st movie would have picked some better and less rice-appearing cars though.

However, most of us that street raced in the pre-F&F era tend to blame this movie for ruining the street scene for everyone. Until this movie came out, the media wasn't really into blasting street racing, they didn't even pay attention to it. We used to street race here in Houston on an almost nightly basis. Hell, sometimes we even had HPD officers hanging out and watching. Things never got out of hand, and it was late at night in deserted industrial districts. I remember racing from 9pm thru 3am several times, with rarely a cop to be seen. If you got caught, they just wrote you a ticket and you were on your way home.

But, these idiot kids that watched that movie and just got their licenses. Geez. They were brainwashed into thinking that 4-cyl power was the ultimate, and that V8 cars were slow. They also thought that overdone paintjobs with stupid wings and such were the vehicles of desire. They also thought doing donuts and running into other cars in parking lots was cool. They felt weaving in and out of heavy traffic in crapbox cars that couldn't even handle was cool. These idiot ricers began showing up at the street races, losing control of their 200 hp shitboxes, running into cars, tearing up private property, and giving the street racing group a bad name. The media sensationalized it and called it a terrible crime, and now here we are today.

/rant
Old 12-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Launching!

I like any movie about cars. I love cars bought a dvd of one of the corniest shows ever called hot rod old one not knew one. it was about a guy and his hemi *****'s. but in the fist and the third vin shows the power of american muscle.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup. I remember countless nights in the mid 80's on Center Street and Westheimer we'd go stop light to stop light racing, nary a police cruiser to be seen. Didn't matter what you run just don't run nitrous, that was a first class ticket to getting your *** kicked as it was seen back then as the ultimate cheater's trick. But those were such good times, parking and talking, cruising and racing. It's all **** now. If you lost then, so what, re-tune and come back another day. Now, someone loses and it's their whole world crashing down.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I will admit I enjoy watching the F&F franchise movies for the comedy entertainment. It doesn't bother me that they are so wrong on technical items, I wasn't expecting a realistic documentary film. You have to take it for what it is, an action movie with some class-B actors, mixed with some cars and nice looking women. I sure wish the car casting director on the 1st movie would have picked some better and less rice-appearing cars though.

However, most of us that street raced in the pre-F&F era tend to blame this movie for ruining the street scene for everyone. Until this movie came out, the media wasn't really into blasting street racing, they didn't even pay attention to it. We used to street race here in Houston on an almost nightly basis. Hell, sometimes we even had HPD officers hanging out and watching. Things never got out of hand, and it was late at night in deserted industrial districts. I remember racing from 9pm thru 3am several times, with rarely a cop to be seen. If you got caught, they just wrote you a ticket and you were on your way home.

But, these idiot kids that watched that movie and just got their licenses. Geez. They were brainwashed into thinking that 4-cyl power was the ultimate, and that V8 cars were slow. They also thought that overdone paintjobs with stupid wings and such were the vehicles of desire. They also thought doing donuts and running into other cars in parking lots was cool. They felt weaving in and out of heavy traffic in crapbox cars that couldn't even handle was cool. These idiot ricers began showing up at the street races, losing control of their 200 hp shitboxes, running into cars, tearing up private property, and giving the street racing group a bad name. The media sensationalized it and called it a terrible crime, and now here we are today.

/rant
I agree with your statement. 'Nuff said.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRfastZ
he hit the nozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
That shot must have been huge I mean like a 1k hit of no2 I just hate how those bums in the movie biz beat up on domestic rides in these gay *** fartcan, park bench on the back of a front wheel drive car, Nintendo wii look alike hand held tuners, Stupid name for body kits like bodiku or techckin star, Freakin slower then all out hell, going down the 1/4 mile in 18 minutes slowing down the track, Going through 4 gears at wot doing 50 mph, I can go for days on this ****.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

/rant
Great rant and so true.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

I don't see how so many people can think the first one was the best lol. I try to watch it just for the entertainment value and the hot chicks but all the corny lines make me want to throw up. I can't watch the first one. I actually liked the second and third but they are still corny. I'll watch the 4th. They could've made these movies so much better. I like all kinds of cars so I don't hate because these shows are full of imports. I actually own an AWD turbo Talon. But the ones in the movie were so gay. I mean who puts a giant flying robot sticker on the side of their neon colored cars lmao!!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just love it for all the one liners they give me. lol me and my friend can go through the whole movie qouting it

i live my live a 1/4 mile at a time. for those ten seconds or less nothing else matters. not the team not the store not the friends non of that bullshit

omg i gotta call him up so we can go through the script again LOL
Old 12-02-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ask any racer, a REAL RACER! It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile. Winning is winning.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

fkk yeah!! *high five*
Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

with over night parts from japan this will decimate all!!!!

http://www.sleepingz.com/index.php?topic=29.0
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Ask any racer, a REAL RACER! It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile. Winning is winning.
In my case I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

PS: I know you freaks ain't surfing the net during work hours. Right?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
That shot must have been huge I mean like a 1k hit of
:je st:
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol @ work
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
LOL... I would have loved to seen that!!
Some kid in a stang put it into a bush too.